Chapter 98

I had just met Han Chaeli and considered telling him that his ex-girlfriend was worried about him… but Joo Woosung, who calls himself the “Female Terminator,” looked so healthy that I didn’t bother.

As soon as I turned off my phone, the system window started talking to me.

[Why did you do that?]

“…No reason.”

The system window suddenly reappeared just as I was about to move on from those thoughts.

[So, how do you feel about it?]

“Huh?”

[The treatment you’re getting now clearly differs from when you were a PD.]

I looked at the fluctuating characters in the blue system window… and chuckled.

It’s really pushing it.

Lately, I felt like I was playing push-and-pull with the system window.

It’s clear that something has been revealed, with Min Jiheon being the trigger. But it was still unclear what the system window was looking at, what was exposed, or what it was sensitive to.

Now, it wanted to negatively evaluate my “PD” days and emphasize the undeserved kindness I was receiving now.

Then, should I throw in bait?

Carefully choosing my words, I made a cautious response.

“…In the past, I would have just been cursed at on the internet, and that would be it.”

I swallowed phrases like “I’m always grateful” and “I want to stay here and keep experiencing new things” because they would be too obvious.

“It’s kind of refreshing, isn’t it?”

[Excuse me.]

Suddenly, the system window popped up with a ding.

[Don’t even think about throwing in a bait.]

“Aw, come on…”

With a smile, I looked at the flickering blue window. The system window put up the letters in an annoying manner.

[I can clearly see what you’re thinking, so no matter what you say or what bait you throw, I won’t answer from now on.]

“But you just baited me, too. That’s pretty two-faced.”

[…I am!]

“You’re what?”

I scoffed. And a moment later, the system window’s words and mine overlapped.

[I am differ—]

“—Do you want to say you’re different? Like some cheesy pick-up line?”

[Aaah]

[This is so annoying]

[Go away, thank you]

And then, the system window went off. Indeed, it’s a very touchy one.

Looking at it, I was sure. The system window wasn’t lying just now.

I threw the empty can in the trash and walked toward the drama set as I sorted things out.

The chances are high that it’s genuinely looking out for me.

The quests so far proceeded in a direction that was ultimately good for me. Of course, they were cruel and with big penalties. They were also sensitive to other people’s evaluations. Sometimes I ignored it because I didn’t like its coercive nature, but anyway.