Chapter 155

“Woahhh!”

When the worn-out modern office worker found out she had successfully drawn a spot in the first round of the competition, she was so happy that she kicked her feet into the air.

“Yeonhu, your noona is going!!”

As a fan of High Five, she headed to the filming location on the day of the shoot, her heart fluttering.

“Hey, has the traitor arrived?”

“Hahaha, sorry!”

Laughing heartily at the entrance to the competition venue, her friend, who had been a fan of High Five for only a brief moment—as if dipping a toe in the water and calling it broth—greeted her.

Having been tormented by reality for a while and distancing herself from fangirling, thinking she had “escaped K-pop,” she was suddenly smitten by The Dawn’s maknae and found herself running around the scene again.

“At least we got to come together again~. Keep me with you forever.”

“So sick of this… Ok.”

They coolly came to an agreement and entered the competition venue.

Even before it started, the heat was palpable against their skin.

She tried to calm her fiercely pounding heart as she looked around, and then MC Ha Seoyeon appeared.

“Hello, I’m Ha Seoyeon~.”

“Wow, look at Ha Seoyeon’s actor vibe.”

“Acting is top-notch!!”

As they couldn’t take their eyes off Ha Seoyeon and whispered among themselves, the introduction quickly passed, and Bercy took the stage first.

“Oh!!”

“Not bad~.”

Looking at the list, it was expected that the stage quality would be good due to the performers’ rich experience, and indeed, the composition was not only solid but also spectacular.

“Definitely better than last season.”

They packed it with first-tier songs.

Next, a song by Black Call, which they had tasted long ago, flowed out.

The stage wasn’t bad.

However, it didn’t quite appeal to the office worker or her friend.

That’s something Black Call should do…

Black Call, with Chae Jeongwoo known as the god of K-pop, had a track record so impeccable that since their debut, mishaps could be counted on one hand.

Their stage presence was undeniable, evidenced by the sheer impact of Joo Woosung simply walking out onto the stage.

It’s just an inferior version no matter what.

It seemed like they thought performing well-known songs would be a good idea, but it was a big mistake.

It was easy to get swallowed up by the original.

“Ugh, it’s hot, so hot.”

“Guys~, it’s almost summer~.”

With a series of similarly intense songs continuing, the fiery stage effects hardly gave them a moment’s rest.

Because of this, they felt like even their hair was burning every time the flames burst forth, prompting irritated comments.

Meanwhile, her friend, the Nouel, lost interest to the extent that she sneakily took out a phone she had brought in to browse through online communities.