Imagine#9

Benny always knew my batting wasn't the greatest like his. He always was helping me, and I always listened and did what he told but I still couldn't get it right when it came to a game. My batting wasn't low it was average, I usually hit every single game at least once. A couple to the outfield and a couple to the infield. This was my last game with the team that I have been with for four years. We had to make it count. Benny and the guys came to support us. Benny helped me smear pink eye black all over my face for breast cancer awareness. We were crushing the other team, there was no doubt that we were going to win. Ok maybe a little doubt. My team isn't the greatest. We kind of have three players carrying the team and I'm one of them. There is a pitcher and catcher and one of us is on the field. It was my turn to bat for the last time and I was destined to hit that ball far. I got ready like Benny does when he goes up to bat. The pitch came and it was right where I wanted it. I swung the bat and hit the ball all the way to the fence. The team we were playing was a bad team. I used all of my speed, when I got to second I saw that the ball was all the way in the outfield still. So I pushed myself to run faster, I bet this is what Benny feels like when we are playing with the boys. Except the boys know how to play unlike this team. I knew I was going to turn this into a homerun. I didn't care where the ball was I was going home. I could hear all of the guys screaming at me to run. Especially Benny, man was he loud. I slid home and was safe. I got my first homerun of my life! All my teammates came out to congratulate me. When I got back into the dugout I saw the guys. I went out to them and they all cheered for me and gave me a pat on the back. I saw Benny standing aside, I gave him a big hug.

"I did it Benny." Benny hugged me back.

"I know you did, I saw. I am very proud of you."

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me I should get back to my team.

I went into the dugout and we were going on to the field, I was pitching this last inning. Everybody was a little worried because the other team could still catch up but we weren't going to let that happen. "Come on guys! One more time!" I said. Everybody put their hands in the middle. "ON THREE!" "ONE, TWO, THREE. LIGHTNING!" We all cheered and hustled out to the field. My pitching was on fire this inning. We made a play at first and second. The tying run was on third, I pitched the ball and it went by the catcher. The girl started running home. I started running too. The catcher tossed me the ball. I was a couple feet from the plate when I saw that I wasn't going to make it. I dove in front of the plate with the ball in my glove and my exposed hand holding the ball. The girl slid right into my hand. It hurt so bad but I still held the ball. Everybody was holding their breath and looking at the ump waiting for him to make the call. "OUT!" He yelled, with his hand in a fist. I got up and everybody cheered including me despite my injured hand. When we went to shake the other teams hand the girl that slid into my hand and injured it smacked my hand really hard. I winced, my hand was sort of cut up. It hand scrapes on it and a couple of them were bleeding a little. I went back to the dugout and got some ice on my hand. Benny came up to me. "Let me see your hand." I took the ice pack off and showed him. "Oh man that's gonna hurt for awhile." "Yeah yeah, it was worth it." "Hey that's my line!" I hear Yeah Yeah scream from the end of the dugout. I rolled my eyes. "Are you up for celebrating later?" Benny said. "Totally! Are the guys going to come?" I asked "Nope just you and me." "Aww!" I hear all of the guys say. "Shut up!" I yelled at them. I walked out of the dugout with my stuff. I gave my coaches a hug and tried not to cry. I walked out of the softball park hand in hand. Benny came close to my ear and whispered. "Did I ever tell you, you look really good in your softball pants." I blushed. "No, but now you did."

I sat on my couch with Benny. I was exhausted from the games. Plus it was really hot out. "Do you need a foot rub Babe?' Benny asked. "Would you?" I turned on a movie and we watched while Benny rubbed my feet. Man I am so lucky to have him he is everything I could ever want in a guy.