Imagine#15

I'm a very flirtatious girl and I've had my struggles with life so I say frick it to rules. I moved to a new neighborhood once I unpacked my things I decided to take a walk. I play softball and I'm pretty good if I do say so myself. I had dirty blond hair if pigtails that ran down each side of my neck. While walking I came across a sandlot. I saw boys playing, "Ooo perfect." I said to myself giddy, I hope one of them is cute. And boy did I get what I wanted. I saw a Hispanic boy batting. I walked over to the fence. He hit the ball and it went over the fence. I raised my eyebrows impressed. Once he touched home plate he came near the fence that I was standing at. "Hi." I said in a flirty voice trying to look cute. "Hi." He said smiling at me a leaning on the fence and looking at me from the other side. "How you doing." He said with a smirk, I blushed a little, boy he was cute. "I'm doing fine what about you." I giggled. "I'm doing just fine. I'm Benny." He said. "I'm Roonie, I'm new around here." I said with a smile. "Well Roonie you mind if I show you around sometime?" "Sure, that'd be great." I can't believe a cute guy was going to show me around. "Hey Benny quit flirting and start playing!" This chubby guy that was wearing catchers gear yelled to him. "Well I gotta go but I'll find you later. Unless you wanna stay and watch?" He looked at me skeptically. "Uh sure, could I play with you guys?" I asked, I wanted to play with them to be honest. I feel like I haven't played in forever even though it's been about two weeks. "I don't see why not. Can you play?" He asked, I nodded. "Yeah, I play softball." "That's cool. Let me see if the guys will let you play." Benny turned toward the rest of the guys and started walking towards the mound. He waved for the guys to come in. I just stood there trying to listen to their conversation from behind the fence until I heard the catcher yell. "WHAT! YOU-WE CAN'T LET A GIRL PLAY WITH US!" Wow, how dumb I can hear them, well I guess they don't want me around so I'll just leave. I started walking when I heard Benny call out my name. "Wait! Roonie!" I turned around to see him jogging towards me. "Do you want to hit?" He smirked, I smirked and nodded. Benny introduce me to everyone, they didn't really seem pleased that I was playing except for about two guys. One of them was Yeah-Yeah and the other was Smalls. Yeah-Yeah was drooling over me so I think he's fine with it and Smalls is just nice in general. DeNunez the pitcher threw a pitch, I swung and missed I heard Ham the catcher scoff from behind me. It's been awhile I need to warm up. I stepped out of the box to stretch my limbs and get pumped. I stepped back in the box and got in my ready position. "Good luck." Ham said in a mocking tone. I just pushed his voice out of my head and focused on hitting the ball. I signaled for DeNunez to throw the pitch, this time I hit it all the way to the fence. I ran all three bases, I saw that when I was coming home Ham put the tag down so I couldn't avoid it. I saw this really cool trick incase this ever happened time to try it out. I kept running full force but when I got close to Ham I jumped over him and went down into a diving position to touch home plate. I was safe. "Safe!" Benny yelled from behind us. Everybody looked at me in amazement. "She's alright." Ham said.