Imagine#25

We were playing Phillips' team. We were all sitting on the bench in the dugout quietly chatting to ourselves. I started to sing. "Batter up." A couple people turned their heads in my direction. "Hear that call. The time has come for one and all." The guys joined in with the next part. "To play ball!" "We are the members of the all American league, we come from cities near and far! We've Canadians, Irish ones and swedes, we're all for one, one for all we're all Americans." We finished and laughed. We all went out onto the field me and Yeah-Yeah were switching every inning at short so right now I was down. Phillips' team was hitting and they were cheering. "We want a single just a little single. S-I-N-G-L-E! Single, single, single!" And so on. They scored one and we got all three outs. It was our turn to hit and everybody on our roster was batting all ten of us. So no one was left out or anything. We already scored three and the bases are loaded with two outs. I was up to bat. I took a deep breath and saw the pitch being thrown. I watched the laces spin. I connected the bat with the ball and watched it sail over the fence. It was a homerun, I just got a grand slam. Everybody on the team crowded around home plate waiting for me to touch it. Once I stepped on it everybody patted me on the helmet. It was bottom of the seventh and this was the last inning of the game. We were on the field first. I got a groundball to me, I fielded it a threw it and when I threw the ball my arm hurt really bad. I think I messed it up a little from the throw. I squeezed my arm in pain. Benny noticed and called time. Thankfully I made the play and the person was out. Benny came over to me. "Hey y/n are you okay?" "No, I think I threw my arm out. I definitely can not throw another ball." I told him. "Ok, we will get Yeah-Yeah out here so you can ice it." "Ok, thanks Benny." I walked out into the dugout and Yeah-Yeah looked confused. "What's going on?" He asked. "You're playing for me, so get out there and win this game for us!" He quickly got up, put his glove on and ran out to short. I stuck my arm in the ice bucket to ice it. Phillips' team was up by one. This was it, we just needed to score two runs and we would win and shut Phillips up. It was Benny's turn to bat. He hit the ball all the way to the fence. He got in a pickle between third and home. He won the pickle and scored us the tying run. We all congratulated him. The next person up to bat got on first, one guy struck out and two more got on base. The bases were loaded and Timmy was up to bat. All he does is bunt which would not help us in this situation. Timmy struck out which gave us two outs. The bases were loaded and I was up. The score was tied and if I got a base hit then we would win the game. I usually don't strike out, if I do it's because of crappy umpires. The other team started a chant. "Hey batter what's the matter can't you stand a little chatterrrrrrrrrrrrr! Swing!" They said as the ball zoomed past me. I swung and missed. (AKA whiffed) The guys in Phillips' dugout laughed at me. The next ball was inside and coming right at me. I panicked and couldn't move. It hit my right in the shoulder. Haha the pitcher blew it and cost the game for his team. My arm really hurt. That pitcher threw really hard. I threw my bat on the ground and jogged to first base which means we won the game. The whole team came up to me and patted me on the back. Now both of my shoulders hurt. That's great, I definitely won't be playing at the sandlot for awhile.