New Machine

I got a new pitching machine to hit with since I do a lot of hitting at home. I just moved here about a week ago to California. It was really nice and hot. I'm not used to the weather being hot all of the time. I started up the machine and started hitting into the net. My first two balls stayed in the net while the others jumped back out. Every time I would try to go and stop one another one would shoot out and start rolling. It was a disaster.

Benny's POV

I was walking home from the sandlot when I saw the new girl struggling with her pitching machine. Poor girl, balls were rolling every where and no one was there to help her. I jogged over to her driveway and picked up a big yellow ball. She looked up and gulped when our eyes connected. She was beautiful. "Thank you." She smiled, looking a little flustered.

"Heh, no problem." I said handing her the ball back.

"It's a new machine and the balls keep popping out." She said nervously.

"Yeah that happens." I laughed. "Aren't you new around here?" I asked her, she seemed kind of familiar, I thought I saw here moving in about a week ago. "Yeah." She laughed. "I'm y/n." She said picking up her balls. "I'm Benny, I live right over there." I said pointing a couple houses down.

"Oh nice, I hope we can become good friends." She smiled.

"Yeah, me too." I smiled back. "Hey do you want me to stick around and help you incase any more balls pop out?" I asked her, the truth is, I didn't want to leave her just yet. She gave a relieved look.

"That would be amazing, thank you." She smiled.

"Yeah no problem y/n." She quickly looked at me when I said her name. I don't know why I said her name but I just wanted to. She hit a couple more rounds and I was there to back her up every time. She had pretty good reflexes, I guess that comes with having to chase all the balls on your own. We were packing up her stuff and I decided to help her take down her net. "You really don't know how much this means to me. I'm always alone and have to depend on myself but today I was actually relaxed." She smiled.

"I'm glad you were relaxed, you should always be relaxed." I smiled. "Hey we have a sandlot in our neighborhood so if you ever want to get in some BP you can just ring me up." I said.

"Thank you Benny." She smiled. I don't know why but I blushed when she said my name. My name coming out of her mouth was everything and she was everything.

Author's note-Sorry I haven't updated in forever, I lost track of time I've been so busy. I will try to update more.