Strained knee

I strained my knee while pitching, I don't know how but I did. So now my knee hurts whenever I walk on it too much or play on it too much. Which isn't good for playing at the sandlot. I haven't told Benny yet because then he won't let me play. I went to play center in out field, there was quite a lot of running so my knee started to hurt. I hope I didn't show that I was in pain. My knee started cracking when I walked back to my position which is not a good sign. It was my turn to hit and I tried to jog lightly so I wouldn't hurt my knee but it didn't work. I waited for the pitch and swung. I started to run to first but my knee hurt too bad and I fell. I fell in the dirt and got dirt all over my clothes. Everybody was concerned. Benny came running over to me from outfield. "Y/n! Are you okay?" I stuck my thumb up.
"I'm okay, but I guess the jig is up. I can only go for so long." Everybody looked confused. Benny helped me up. "What are you talking about y/n?"
"Well I strained my knee while pitching." I braved myself for the yelling. "You're telling me , that you played with a strained knee and didn't tell me!" I nodded.
" I'm sorry Benny, I just wanted to play."
"No, you can't play, you're only going to hurt yourself even more now go sit on the bench." I rolled my eyes and sat on the bench. Totally unfair. I had to watch everybody play, I wanted to play so bad, Benny hit super good pop flies, I wanted to catch one.
"Benny can I go in the outfield!" I yelled to him.
"No." He said and kept hitting, I rolled my eyes and laid on the bench. I iced my knee for the time being because what else what else would I do. The guys were finally done playing and Benny sat beside me and I laid my head on his shoulder. "Benny, I wanted to play."
"I know you did y/n, but I care for you and I don't want you to be anymore injured and miss more playing time."
"Benny there is nothing I can do but wait until my knee is better."
"Then you need to wait."
"Ugh." We walked home hand in hand, and I was glad to have him in my life, he knows my limits and I don't.