Trainer

I was going to Europe to play softball which meant that I had to get in shape, so I hired a personal trainer. His name is Benny. I meet with him twice a week at my gym in my building. He really pushes me which is annoying, and by pushing I mean he yells.

I was struggling to lift the bar up one more time, I was lifting twenty pounds plus the bar which is forty five so I was lifting sixty five pounds. ONE MORE Y/N YOU GOT IT! He is making me so angry when he thinks I can do more." I cant!" I said loudly but not yelling.

YES YOU CAN NOW DO IT! Benny was standing behind the bar watching so I dont kill myself by dropping the bar on me. I put all my anger into lifting it and I finally did it, I got it up. "There you go." He smiled. I got up, and steadied my legs, they were a little bit shaky. He lifted his hand for a high five. I gave him an are you kidding look. I was struggling to lift my hand up to give him a high five. Maybe we should do some core.

"Yeah, I think that would be best." We walked over to the middle of the floor.

We are going to do some sit ups but focus on your core. When you get up to your legs you are going to twist, just to strengthen your core some more. Benny held my feet while I did the sit ups. So where are you going again? Benny asked.

"I am going to Europe to play softball." I said.

"Wow, impressive. First time?" We made eye contact as I got up.

"Nope, I went my freshmen year."

"Wow, thats even more impressive."

"Yup, kind of my thing." Benny raised his eyebrow at this.

"What do you mean kind of your thing?"

"Well, I was always pushed to be my best and nothing less, so it was my job as a kid to be impressive, plus I was impressive. When I was fourteen I was playing against 16 year old girls and hit my first home run off of them."

"Wow, I see what you mean now."

"Yup." I gave him a small smile. I laid down, my core was hurting so bad.

"Nope, five more."

"Ugh, why are you so pushy."

"Its my job to be pushy, sweetheart, or you wouldnt get anything done."

"I mean you arent wrong."

"I'm never wrong". He smiled, I rolled my eyes. Benny showed me this weird move where you act like you are shooting a bow and arrow while being in the crunch position. He looked kind of cute while doing it, ew my annoying pushy trainer is cute, ugh why. He is also jacked. Benny held my feet so that I didnt cheat.

"I am really gonna feel this one later once I get home." I said. Benny laughed,

"Good, that means you are doing it right." He smiled, I blushed a little. Ugh y/n could you not." You know, youre cute when you blush." He smiled, I could see him blush a little too. "Oh, sorry I probably shouldnt have said that."

"No, its ok, youre cute when you blush too." He put his hand on his chest.

"Me? I dont blush." I rolled my eyes at his silliness. He winked at me, my heart went over the moon. "Ok, lets move on to the leg press." Benny started carrying these big weights over and I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Uh, what are you doing?" I asked him.

"Putting on weights? What else?"

"That sure is a lot of weight."

"Well you got strong legs, so its not my fault."

"Well it kind of is, you are my trainer." We both chuckled a little.

"Right, forgot about that." I rolled my eyes but this time playfully and not in annoyance. I started the leg press, it wasnt that bad to start out with but as I did more and more my legs felt like they were about to explode." You know, Im surprised you havent hurt yourself yet." Benny laughed. I am a very accident prone person, Ive gotten hurt in some shape or form at these workouts.

"Don't you say that Benny, dont you say that." He laughed. Oh how I loved making him laugh, good thing I am funny. We moved on to sleds. My legs were still hurting from the leg press so it was a little difficult and I was a little slow.

"COME ON Y/N MOVE IT"! Benny was yelling again, I sped up because I hate loud noises, just in general. On the way back he had me push from the lower handlebar and my feet kept slipping.

"Stupid bad traction shoes." I said, while still trying to push. Benny came over and pushed the sled with one finger. It started moving easily but it was to easily and I fell on my arm. Son of a nutcracker! I clutched my arm in pain, but I didnt cry, I dont cry, ever.

"I am so sorry y/n!" Benny came over to me and helped me up. I think that will be all today. He said, I nodded. I rotated my arm to see how much damage was done. There wasnt much, just some pain, probably a bruise would be left. "How about I make it up to you." I took a sip of my water and raised my eyebrow.

"Benny I dont think that is necessary, I'll be fine."

"No no let me make it up to you by taking you out tonight."

"I think that is a great idea on how you can make it up to me, I smirked. I just have to shower and get ready."

"Ok, let me escort you to your apartment first." Since the gym was in my apartment complex.

"Alright," I smiled. We walked over to the elevator and it said that it was out of order. Are you serious, I turned to Benny. "Looks like I might need you after all." He chuckled. We started climbing up the stairs and my legs couldnt do it so they gave out. I would have fallen down the stairs but Benny caught me. I looked him deep in the eyes and smiled awkwardly. "Thanks, for catching me".

"I'm not letting you get away that easily." He winked