Lost soul

I haven't seen Y/n in a few days, her mom won't even let me go in to say hi to her. She hasn't been to the sandlot ever since her tryouts. "Benny I'm getting worried about y/n, she hasn't shown up to school either." Ham said.

"I know Ham, I'm going to see if her mom will let me give her this letter." I held up an envelope with a heart on it.

"Please just tell us how she is doing." Smalls said, I nodded. I walked over to y/n's house and rang her doorbell. Her mom answered the door.

"Benny, I'm sorry she doesn't want to-"

"I know Mrs. L/n but can you please just give this letter to her." She took the letter and we said our goodbyes.

*Y/n POV*

A letter with a heart slid under the door. I was confused but decided to pick It up and open it.

Darling,

I know it's hard for you right now and that it is very painful to think about. You're amazing, it's not your fault. I love you and will always love you no matter what. You can focus on dance now, that's what you've wanted to do right. You don't have to quit softball, it has always been your thing. You can try out again next year. Just remember you have people who are here for you.

Forever and always,

Benny.

I started crying again. I ran out of my house and down the street. I climbed through the window and saw Benny laying on his bed. I jumped on his bed and started crying into his arms.
"It's okay baby, It's okay." Benny started rubbing my back to comfort me.

"I love you." I said.

I didn't actually not make the team yet. So don't worry.