Imagine#13

I was so excited. Our school was going to the Planetarium. I've never been to one but I think they are really cool. I like to look at stars, plus my best friend/crush Benny would be there with me too. I think he likes me but i'm not so sure. We act like we do but I don't know if that's just how we act as best friends. We loaded onto the bus, I sat in the middle in the window seat and Benny sat next to me. He was talking to everybody else, I didn't talk, instead I looked out the window. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned my head to see Benny looking at me. "You okay?" He asked, I nodded and turned my head back to the window. I suddenly felt a presence right next to me. "Are you sure?" He asked, right in my hear I couldn't help but laugh. "Yes, I'm sure." I laughed, I just felt a little left out but it was my choice. Benny leaned back. "Good cause I don't want you to be not okay on our field trip to the planetarium." He said poking me in the side, he knows that I'm kind of a nerd and that I like looking at the stars. He's sat outside with me and we watched the stars together. We laughed and talked during our nights of stargazing. We didn't tell anybody else because it might bring Benny's macho man down. People might think he's going soft, even though it's just for me. I smiled remembering those good times. Benny went back to talking with his friends and I went back to looking out of the window.

*Time skip*

On our tour of the Planetarium I really wanted to grab Benny's hand because I kept getting left behind, but I didn't want to embarrass myself so I tried my best to catch up. "Come on y/n we gotta get good seats for you." Benny grabbed my wrist and pulled me along to the front of the group.

We took our seats, the seats had cushions on them they were like movie theater seats. Once the everybody from our school took their seats they started the show. The chairs leaned back so that our bodies were facing the ceiling and we didn't have to crane our necks to look up. The show started and the tour guide started talking about all of the different constellations. I suddenly got the urge to grab Benny's hand and I did. I slowly crept my hand over to his. One of my fingers touched his palm, the rest of my hand slowly crept into his. Benny knew what I was doing and he helped too. He intertwined our fingers and gave it a squeeze. I looked over at him and he looked over at me. He smiled and me and I smiled back. We both directed our attention back to the stars above us and it reminded me of our nights of looking at the stars. I loved the warmth that was in my hand. The feeling of another person's hand in mine just reminded me that I'm not alone and that I have someone to back me up when needed.

Throughout the show Benny would start playing with my fingers. Which sent tingles down my spine. I tried to contain my smile but I swear it was brighter than the stars in there. When the show was over I couldn't stop smiling and my face hurt from it. I knew that we were never going to be the same again and that was a good thing.