Relief

After our third day of tryouts they all had us stay in groups. The coaches talked to us in groups too. I was with Megan, Emily,  and Sydney. We watched a video about this senior getting taken out for a freshmen to pinch hit for her. The whole point was that the senior was cheering for her and demonstrating good attitude. After one of our coaches had to get done talking before they talked to us. The coaches explained to us that we would be going on the spring break trip with varsity because they haven't decided yet if we should be on Jv or Varsity. This made me happy but nervous so I raised my hand to ask a question. "Could we possibly still not make the team."
"No, you all made the team, you are just being considered for varsity." This made my body relax. They continued explaining to us that we would be practicing with varsity and go on a bonding trip to a cabin. They dismissed us and we all walked back to our bags celebrating. I got my stuff and walked out into the hall, I saw Benny standing at the end of the hall waiting for the news. I dropped my bat bag on the ground and ran up to him. He swung me around in a hug. I was crying happy tears. "I made it Benny, I made it." Benny was happy too, you could see him getting a little emotional. I laughed and wiped the tears out of my eyes. "I'm being considered for varsity too!" I cheered.
"I told you that you had nothing to be worried about."I rolled my eyes and laughed.
"Whatever Benny, you know how good this team is."
"Yeah but you deserve to be on this team."
"Damn right I do!" I said. I walked back to get my bag and we walked out of the school holding hands. Benny wanted to take me out to celebrate. We went to Panera, which is one of my favorites. "Do you know anything about the other girls?" He asked. I shrugged.
"I saw Laiken crying but I couldn't imagine her not making the team, there are way worse people on the team than her."
"Do you know if they were happy tears?"
"No, I can't say for sure." We shrugged it off and started talking about Benny's tryouts. I am so glad that I can be relaxed now.

A/n:

I am actually being considered for varsity which means I made the team yay! 🥳