Chapter Fifty-Eight

Lost in his desire Louis chose to ignore her and moved his lips to her mouth. She moved her head away from him. "Please, Master. Don't do this to me," she whispered.

The sound of her voice brought him back to reality. Again he put his forehead to hers. "Why not?"

Jessica felt his breath on her skin; its warmth created a tingling shiver that ran through her body. A sensation she didn't understand but one she experienced every time he was close to her.

"I'm sorry I reacted like I did," his voice was pained and throaty.

More sensations swept through her. As he put his lips to her temple Jessica's breath caught in the back of her throat. She gasped. "Why did you?"

He lifted his head, looked into her tear filled eyes and gently wiped them away. "Because I belong to you."

Jessica sucked in her breath, stunned by his answer but not fully understanding his meaning.

As he put his mouth to hers, again she rolled her head away.

"Please..." With the tip of his finger he turned her face to his and put his lips to hers, his tongue pushing gently into the crack where her lips parted.

More tears rolled down her face. Jessica was tormented by his touch, torn between pressing her lips tight together and opening them in welcome.

What would he do if she refused him?

What would he do if she welcomed him?

What did she want to do?

The longer she hesitated, the more she felt his spell working on her to concede. Jessica gulped back her tears, afraid of what was to become of her. "Master, please," she whispered against his mouth.

He stopped, looked into her eyes and nodded as he placed his thumb to her lips. "I'm sorry." Louis gave her a gentle smile as he said, "From the first moment I saw you, I knew you were more my master than me yours. I have tried to fight against it but I am a slave to you, Jessica. To see another man touch you as Daniel did ignited madness in me. I'm sorry I scared you. I'm sorry you were witness to it." Louis's fingers caressed the smooth silky skin of her neck, sending a frisson of goose bumps through her body. He saw the result through the thin material of her clothing so ran his thumb gently across an erect nipple. Pulling his hand quickly away he said, "I have no right to touch you but the demon inside drives me sometimes. I am so very sorry."

Jessica gasped, the sensation she felt was unexpected. A soft noise escaped from her lips. She crossed her arms over her chest as if to ward off the devil he spoke of.

Louis took a step back and bowed his head. "I don't want you to be afraid of me, Jessica. I will never hurt you. You must believe this."

"But I am afraid, Master," she whispered. "You confuse me so much. You make me feel things I...I... don't understand."

"Did Daniel make you feel this way?" Louis lifted a hand and touched her cheek. He had to know if she had feelings for his brother.

Baffled by his question, Jessica looked deep into his eyes. When understanding came to her she gasped and whispered, "No, Master."

He smiled and cast his eyes to where his hand rested on the side of her face.

Jessica couldn't judge what he was thinking. Tears filled her eyes once more. She closed her lids and waited for what he would say or do next.

Holding his breath Louis took her in completely, her long slow breaths, the rise and fall of her chest, her mussed up hair. She was perfect, and everything he dreamed of in a woman. He needed to fix this. To take all the mistakes he'd made and set them right but first he had something more pressing to deal with. He said, "You and I need to talk but not now."

She opened her eyes at the sound of his voice and drew in a breath of air. "Yes. Not like this. I beg you not like this," Jessica pleaded. She wanted to hear what he had to say, and to speak in turn with the strength of who she once was and not who she had become.  

Copyright © 2019 Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

Thanks so much for all of your support.  I hope you are enjoying the story. ♥♥

Let me know by commenting or voting. ♥