6 | 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

-Eleonora-

"Are you really okay?" I heard my mom ask for the dozenth time after all the media had been talking about the new couple. Guess who?

Me and Mr.Workaholic, that guy as serious 0 social kills and just knows how to work when he had the other public dates or meetings how he calls it he kept on looking at his phone and he didn't say a word. I asked him for a topic to talk of which he clearly didn't respond so I started talking about one of my favorite animals and guess what he said nothing, that's right. He kept on that emotionless face he has like if he was always sleepy or on drugs. I even asked him about the weather and how the spring weather was nice this year and he simply didn't respond, a freaking weather question.

He was getting on my nerves bit by bit. I concluded that I was not marrying a man but a machine or a robot. So I guess we can say that I wasn't quite okay about this whole situation like my mom wanted me to be.

"No mom I'm not but guess what I don't really have a choice and stop drinking" I told her taking her the martini glass out of her way

"Honey you don't know this man I am quite concerned for your sake. I am stressed it's normal to be drinking how can I not when your father would just sell us over his company" she said taking another glass from the kitchen counter and pouring some whiskey in it

"Aren't you being overdramatic? Dad has been taking care of us all this time." I said while gathering my suitcases

"Ha" she gave a simple laugh "Your father? Taking care of us. Oh Eleonora you're so naive my darling" she caressed my cheek and sat down on the couch "Your father forgot to care about us a long time ago and look now you're doing his job"

"Dad tried to avoid this but this Mr. Blaze I-know-it-all didn't give father three weeks to pay" I explained

"I'm sure there's a good explanation for your future husband not letting your father escape from him in such a short time" My mom said giving a gulp of her whisky "Oh Franny? Get me another martini my daughter just stole mine"

Francis was one of the youngest maids of the house and the one that only obeyed to my mom when she wanted alcohol I guess she was afraid of getting fired

"Yes there is a good explanation. He wants our business"

"Your father was been in debt for so long why?" she asked, her question made me wonder, what was my father hiding for not being able to pay in the moment Maxwell Company asked him to.

"I don't know, I know that I need to marry this man otherwise the Hart Group Corporatio will have no Hart's in control and I can't give the company my father worked so hard to have mom"

She just laughed "Can't you? I think that would be better than this" she said pointing at my bags

"Of course do you want to love on the street? " I asked in a serious tone

"What about your little business can it support us?"

"My little business, mom, is associated with father's company. He gave me the money to build it and he became a partner of my work" I tried to explain yet my mom seemed totally unbothered by what I was saying she kept mixing her drink and fixing her sunglasses "Are you even hearing what I'm saying?"

"I am darling of course" I knew she wasn't, I rolled my eyes and continued to check the content inside the suitcases meanwhile our doorbell rang. Our housekeeper Rosalia quickly checked who it was, I watched through the hall her face of surprise

"It's a car for you Miss. Ella" she informed while walking to me

"For what?"

"There's a woman saying you need to make measurements for your weeding dress"