40 | 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐬

Within 30 minutes, the lobby called upstairs for giving permission to Dr.Philip come upstairs.

"Thank God you're here. I really don't know what to do" I said quickly looking at the small man. He was about 60, he was still with a sloppy face on "I am so sorry to disturb you at this hour"

"It's fine Mrs.Maxwell! Mr.Blaze is one of my priority clients" he said walking with me upstairs.

He walked inside the roomdaring with the crying scenario, Blaze was breathlessly crying. He crouched near him while fixing his glasses, he touched his forehead and nodded "His temperate seems more stable, you did a good job Mrs.Maxwell" the Dr. smiled, I approached him while watching everything he did. He placed one finger near Blaze's nose "He is having some difficult breathing but nothing very alarming"

"Has he been drinking?" Dr.Philip questioned

"Yes" I answered remembering his drunk state

"The fever and the alchool triggered it" trigger what? I watch him stand up and walk outside I followed him like a puppy

"What is happening Dr?" I questioned

"I see, Mr.Blaze hasn't told you" he commented taking a yellow packer bottle. "Mr.Blaze has a sleep disorder" I frowned at his information "Since I am his doctor, he has had this condition. He had has a very severe condition due to a childhood trauma. Once I saw his state I had to medicate him, he seemed to have recovered but the fever and alcohol must've triggered his sleep terrors."

"What should I do?" I asked concerned

"When he wakes up, give him some foo and then this, it's Klonopin, a benzodiazepine drug. Tell him I said that his medicine routine his back" Dr.Philip said handing me the small yellow bottle

"And for now?" I asked flinching at Blaze's loud whining

"His episode of night terrors have usually around 50 to 90 minutes of duration. There is not much you can do. Every symptom from sleep talking, fast breaths and heart rate are usual, do not fear if he open his eyes, and sweats more than normal. He hasn't any historical of sleepwalking but that can also happen, if so don't wake him, only try to guide him around the house so he doesn't hurt himself." he explained me while I nodded to all of this new information

"It's useless to take him up during this episode, it can make him agitated, confused, violent and even in shock. "Talking during his episodes might help. Approach him in a gentle way, speak with him calmly although you might think he can not hear I've had patients that claim their partners voice as somewhat calmed them during some episodes, their shooting voice offers them comfort specially a knowed one. When he goes back to sleep next time, talk to him, tell him a story, comfort him, make sure to build a relaxed environment when he goes to sleep trying to prevent a bigger episode or none episode at all" he explained, I walking downstairs while taking all that information. Was I able to take care of Blaze? Having someone on my hands to take care is such a big responsibility and I am no good at this, heck I didn't even know what the hell was going on with him, when he started to cry and talking.

Without realising my eyes started to fill with water. A gentle hand rested on my shoulder and I looked up meeting Dr.Philip's eyes. He gave a weak smile "You must have been quite shocked when his episode started right? You didn't knew what was happening" He presumed " You did a great job Mrs.Maxwell!" the man smiled giving me some comfort "Everything you could you performed it well. You were great at lowering his temperature and staying by his side during an episode. Don't think on what you could've of done better think about what you did which was perfect with all the tools you had, you made sure to prioritize his health."

His words of comfort made my heart more comfortable and less tight "Thank you Dr.Philip" I smiled with teary eyes

"It's ok" he smiled while walking to the elevator "Call me tomorrow ok? His night terrors may endure if the fever continues try to lower it with some sponge baths and ibuprofen" Dr.Philip said once inside the elevator