116 | Something's Off

Elleonora's PoV:

"By the way, Miss- what are you doing here?" Dorothy asked me

"Oh..." I looked over at the gigantic apartment and looked at her again "I may need your help"

"For what?"

"I need to get inside" I told her

"But Mr. Blaze made sure you couldn't get in, everybody knows you aren't allowed to go in."

"That's why I need you" I smiled back, I saw her nose twist as she though about my proposal.

She finally accepted and I got my plan in action but Dorothy had to be very good at lying. We went to the backdoors and I got in some sort of disguise getting ready to get in the lobby.

"Dorothy, what are you doing here?" the receptionist asked

"Oh I forgot to take out the dirty laundry at Mr.Maxwell's house"

"That's not very usual of you"

"Oh I know, it's - because of my husband he has been having some trouble on his work and it's starting to affect me"

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that" the man replied as the elevator started to come down

"It's okay, we will have better days"

"Yeah.. I hope the same for Mr. Maxwell he hasn't been that well, right?" the man questioned leaving me intrigued, I felt the urge to ask why buy I didn't want to blow my cover-up.

"Hm yes... I hope better days for him too" Dorothy simply said as the elevator door closed, I felt a huge relief as I heard the elevator song

I waited till we reached upstairs and once the elevator song was far away Dorothy touched on the cloths over me... oh yeah how was I hidden, in the cart of laundry with a simple towel over me. Easy.

I got out of the cart while cleaning myself, I sensed Doroth's eyes analyzing me.

"Miss..." Dorothy mumbled making me look at her "I know it does not concern me but you know how much I care for Mr.Blaze and you and I can't help but ask what went wrong? You seem so happy! I had never seen him that happy and then from a moment to another you disappeared and so did the light on his face, on his house, everywhere. I have tried to come up with a few reasons why you would break up but honestly, none of them seem plausible or true enough"

"What went wrong..." I whispered to myself the same words she told me "What went wrong?" I asked myself again while shrugging my shoulders next "I have no idea, tell me when you find a plausible answer to that "

"What do you mean miss?" she asked me with her eyebrows ceased

"I don't know why we got divorced honestly... it just happened " I mentioned while taking a nice look around. The house was still the same, the furniture, the couch, the kitchen, the soft carpet.

"But I don't understand then..."

"You don't... Imagine me." I said chuckling while looking around, god I missed this house.

"Well... I just need to get something that I left here" I lied

"Sure Miss... It's already late so I will head home can you close the door for me?" she asked me while I nodded but that phrase brought me curiosity