73 | 𝐅𝐥𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭

"I promise you I did not laugh" he claimed

"I heard you"

"You didn't. You think that you did..."

"That wasn't something you could've laughed off to or agreed with"

"I did neither" he answered while a flashback of this morning crossed my mind. "What you heard was Aleksandr, not me" his explanation actually made sense but was I suppose to say sorry? I am way to proud for that

"So stop being mad at me" He begged clenching his jaw as we danced with the piano in the background

"I am sorry" I spit out surprising me and him "I shouldn't have to blame you for something stupid like this"

He stood quiet not responding to my apologies, he simply throw off a chuckle. I looked up at him and saw him looking over my head smiling to nothing at all, he is so weird... but at least he is attractive. 

His smiles have more appearances nowadays and that's not something I could ever complain about. Even if he is teasing me, his smile warms my chest. I guess he is not as cold-hearted as before... I examined his face, the way his jaw made a perfect angle, or how long his lashes actually were.

I was caught looking at him when he looked down catching my eyes but for some reason, I did not look away, he stood quietly looking at each other as we danced and suddenly I felt like my back was burning was the touch of his hand brushed delicately against my skin. Our eye contact was broken by the end of the melody so we headed back to our seats, however we were interrupted by a young woman in white.

"I am glad you are here" she said hugging me

"Hello Everly. Nice dress" I smiled " How did you convince your dad to appear in also white?"

"I pulled some strings, told him something about the women he loved should both go in white. He loved the idea" Everly clapped

"What about Paris?"

"Well... she hated it, but she deserved it!" Everly said

I smiled at the young girl in return "I hope that dress had made your day at least a bit better"

"Oh it did... you have no idea!" Everly commented "Thank you so much Eleonora!" she hugged me deeply. She said her goodbyes while leaving to the dance floor.

"May I ask what was that all about?" Blaze questioned me

" Your partner's daughter isn't very happy with the new acquisition and vice versa" I explained looking over at Paris in her big white gown wedding dress and her fifty pounds of makeup. "So... I helped a bit"

"You did uh?"

"What can I say? I am this amazing person who loves to help" I stated

"Ah yes... of course. That's why I married you" he joked making me frown

"You're getting funnier" I said sarcastically

"Wish I could say the same" he smirked, our small conversation as interrupted by a tall man that seemed way too happy to have found Blaze.

"Blaze Maxwell! Look at you!" The man cheered while embracing Blaze. I strange this odd behaviour, did Blaze had more friends? Look at him, he is a box of surprises.

"Austin Kahlo" Blaze greeted, making my heart jump quickly. Oh no, what were the possibilities of finding this handsome man today? I bet this was my mom's doing, she probably voodoo'ed this encounter.

" ah and your beautiful wife" Austin greeted me grabbing my hand and kissing it "Always a pleasure"

"Hello again" I throw off a fake and very uncomfortable smile