42 | 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

-Eleonora-

I dressed myself to work and headed downstairs ready to eat my pancakes that Dorothy had made with so much love.

Dorothy was my favorite person in that house, she actually behaved like a human being.

"Good morning" I smiled and kissed her cheek. Blaze was sat at his usual seat on the table like always

I sat down near him ready to eat my pancakes and my orange juice. I ate peacefully while checking him now and then, he was reading a journal, his dark circles were notable yet he seemed way much better than tonight at 3 am.

" Do I have something on my face?" he asked sternly catching my eyes. I quickly looked at my plate drverting hid questionable look.

"No" I let out. The rest of the breakfast was quiet and for the first time we left the house at the same time. I was in the elevator with him, Connor and the bodyguards.

"Do you want to come with me?" Blaze asked while texting on his phone

I looked at him wondering who he was referring to? Was he talking to his phone?

His eyes traveled again to mine " Do you?" he questioned

"Me?" I questioned myself

" Yes. We are heading for the same place..." he explained when the doors opened. My brain was not barining at all.

Was Blaze Maxwell being nice? What was happening? Is he still sick? Or is this a side effect of his medications?

"I think - I-" he stood there looking at me in the middle of the lobby of the hotel. I was finding it hard to rationalize his sudden empathy and I simply couldn't find any explanation to it. For some reason my chest was not cooperating, my heart had speed at his questions, was it anxiety? Yes, I think it is anxiety, or maybe I'm sick, he gave me his cold... I'm just not fully accepting all the symptoms. "I have people waiting for me... My huh- driver so I should go. " I said while walking in reverse hopelessly trying to exit the building "Maybe another day"

I said hurriedly leaving.

The whole 15-minute drive to the company I was thinking and rethinking his question, just because this wasn't normal of Blaze. Right? Am I overreacting?

I got to my floor greeting and Miles and once inside my office I sat down still thinking.

I guess a few 30 minutes passed, while I kept wondering about his actions and words.

My thoughts vanished once the black phone over my desk started to rang.

"Yes?"

"A crying girl wants your help desperately about a dress I think?"

"Dress?" I mumbled confused, I am not a fashion designer or anything alike why would someone what my help on that category

"She claims to know you" Miles said from the other side of the phone " Some Everly Cordova?"

Oh! The rich girl with the younger and slutty stepmother. I remember her, couldn't forget that day even if I could. It was my first event married and it was a pure chaos, to say the least.

Everly.

I remembered her name and her crying sobs that night, they were so vivid it was like I could hear them now.

Loud and clear.

"I'm sorry she just ran" I heard Miles between the sobbings in my head when I look close to the door and there he stands near the girl I was just thinking about, her makeup was ruined, the mascara rushed down her face while her coat stood messy upon her her figure making it worse.