43 | 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞

- Blaze -

It was almost time to leave work and I still hadn't had a proper talk with her. I didn't understand what was happening my simple question this morning had seemed to upset her. Her behavior was bizarre, as her movements and her way of speaking.

Did I say something to offend her? I think I didn't yet with Eleonora I came to the conclusion that I really don't know anything she is a peculiarly unique and intriguing person. She is not easy to deal with it, and much less to comprehend or talk to.

I was constantly asking Connor to know her where about, but no one from her department ceased to tell us the truth, they were all loyal employers, to her only...

I hadn't had done much today as my mind kept being disturbed and easily distracted, my thoughts vanished when the phone rang. I picked up hearing Connor from the other side "Good afternoon sir. Mrs.Maxwell just arrived at her office" he notified me, making me jump out of my seat and quickly get out of my office startling Connor on his desk.

"Sir?! Do you need anything? " He said taken by surprise

"No, I am going downstairs"

" Do you want me to notify the floor which you're going to?" he asked

"No! No, don't do that" I stated quickly walking to the elevator and tapping the marketing floor button

Once on the floor I was immediately greeted by Miles and his smirk. "Hey boss" his eyes dared at me I couldn't understand if he was flirting or teasing. "She is having a meeting" he stated after

"A meeting?" I asked myself

"You can go when she finishes" he said now taking his attention to a magazine near him "but if you miss her a lot you can just walk in " he teased "she would probably kill you though" he whispered to his magazine

A meeting? She doesn't have meetings today, I know that because I know everything that goes on in my company and she clearly has no meetings today.

I decided to walk near the her office, receiving a dozens of looks and whispering gossips from my workers of the marketing department. I guess it is a good gossip, I never went to any department but mine, if people wanted to see me they would have to meet me upstairs in my office. I rarely,went to other floors... And now I found myself coming a lot to this specific one. That must have caused some gossip between the workers, having the Chief Executive of this floor as my wife feeds their gossip even more.

"Oh, Mr.Maxwell? Do you need anything?" A blonde girl asked me, I recognized her face, she was Jennifer, Eleonora's assistant and also friend.

"No. I'm just waiting for the meeting to end" I said looking at the foggy windows from Eleonora's office

"Oh" she said in realisation "Is it scheduled or do you want me to notify her?" Seems like everyone has noted that I only work around here, well they are not wrong...

"I just want to talk with my wife" I stated, her eyebrows widen accompanied by a sound of realisation. Her expression changed into a soft smile

"Alright. Well it must be ending shortly" she advised me. She was right, I waited 5 minutes and her office door opened, she was opening the for with a smile on her face.

"I try my best" she said to someone inside her office, I carefully searched inside trying to see who she was talking too but I couldn't. While I was distracted with finding her mysterious sudden meeting partner she noticed my presence.

"What are you doing here?" she questioned emphasizing the 'you', as if this scenario was not common. "Shouldn't you be working?" she asked...that's a bit of hypocrisy.