46 | 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐬

We walked for about 5 minutes in the cold and in the snow because Blaze, said that it wouldn't be needed to go with the car to the church and it wasn't if it we were in summertime in California instead we were in the freaking mountains walking in a stone pathway with snow and ice at a 2°F temperature.

I had a fluffy coat but under it just a simple dress not to mention I was in high heels, I just felt like murdering him. At least he helped me to walk through that weird sleepy stone path. I went the whole way with my hands clenched to his arm.

After a long difficult trail, we reached a stone church, it was really beautiful, and seemed to be straight up taken off of a Disney movie.

We entered the big gates and saw the decorations inside, white flower ornaments in each wooden bench and also candles, there was a big white carpet that guided us to the aisle

The stone walls of the church were also decorated with white flower ornaments this looked like "A giant forest" I said the last part not only in my thoughts

"Feels like a bit too much" Blaze agreed

"Hm" I hummed in agreement.

Our small talk was interrupted by an overwhelming happy voice " My son!" Martha exclaimed while taking Blaze out of my grip, and hugging him harshly. He tempted to get out of her embrace by pushing her backward but it seemed no use.

"Mom... Please" he said trying to let her go.

"I missed you"

"It's just been 1 month, mom. It's not that much according to what you're used to" he responded fiercely making her step back with a sad expression.

"Don't say that. You know how I tried to be with you, to cherish you as a good mother does to a son but unfortunately, your dad as always managed to stop me" She defended herself making me roll my eyes... There she goes with that bullshit, that my innocent self fell for on our wedding day, I thought she was a kind soul turnout that's just fake. If she missed him that much why didn't she manage to see him? Because of his father? Yeah right, the love of a mother is so deep that I'm sure she would go through hell just to see if her son was alright, just to stand up in front of her husband for her own son but instead she keeps quiet and lets his father say all those awfully things to him, I can't imagine what it was like for Blaze to live under the same roof as them, a total nightmare I'm sure.

"Yes, let's all blame father" He responded "I am here for the wedding not for family discussions"

"Fine" she said with sad eyes

"By the way I'm sure you have seen Eleonora" He said looking at me, Martha caught my eyes not really interested in saying anything to me, I guess she kept that grudge from the anniversary cake still.

"Ah yes...You're still with my son I see" she commented with disgusted

"I guess that's what people do when they marry" I answered back

"You can sit down, this will start in no time" she said ignoring me and leaving us there

" Your mom gets nicer each time I see her" I commented with a small smile watching her leave

"You give her no rest too" he said while sitting on an empty bench. There were a couple of benches with people but Blaze didn't take the time to say Hello to everyone neither did those people already sat. Instead, they looked at us with shocked expressions and started murmuring between each other.

"Don't blame me" I implied

"I am not" He explained "I said that you give her no rest. You respond to her exactly as someone should. I am not blaming I am in fact congratulating you for your attitude"