0. The demonics

🎬

Two years earlier

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please! I seek your forgiveness!"

Hela grins, standing up from her chair.

When she walks across the black marble flooring, every step she takes echoes in her beautiful office. But the poor demon kneeling on the floor in front of her can't hear it.

Hela's office has an open wall that leads into a large balcony, overlooking the pits of the demon realm. From there the screams echo loudly, bouncing off the walls and drowning out any other sounds. It's a never ending stream of screams, yelling in agony until their voices go hoarse and nonexistent. It's terrible to listen to, and it forces the demon to only feel her footsteps against the floor, rather than hear them.

It creates a much larger impact on him. She is slow and confident with her movements and her gaze is filled with sick amusement. Each step she takes fills him with terror. She rises high, high above him, especially now that he is forced to kneel. In the shadows of her office, her face is cast in darkness, only revealing the brightness of her black eyes, flashing in red, for it is the colour of Wrath.

Wrath, which consumes her very being and existence. It is the division that she works for and the substance of her life. Hela smiles, and in her expression the Wrath is clear. She is amused but evil, grinning nearly from ear to ear as she looks with a certain dullness in her eyes, all the way down at the lesser demon by her feet. She has the same ability that other high ranking demons usually have. The ability to make you feel like nothing but dust beneath their feet, through a simple glance.

The demon shivers as she stands above him, spit, blood and bruises all over his face. Hela laughs under her breath.

"You're begging like an angel, Dearil. I should have you torn to pieces just for that"

Immediately he pales with fear and Hela must find his expression very amusing, because she laughs even louder, tears forming in her eyes. The lesser demon shakes his head, over and over again, pleading desperately for her mercy under his breath. Hela shakes her head lightly, still laughing.

"Dumb little demons like you make spending 100 years in the Wrath division worth it" Hela smiles, and slowly reaches out to place her foot just underneath his jaw. With her black leather boot she forces him to look into her eyes. Just a simple gaze has a scream ripping out of his throat and Hela grins wildly at the reaction. She lets her energy wrap around him, slithering and tightening in a dark cloud of smoke that only she and he can see. He chokes on the power, screams and cries for her mercy while she only watches and laughs at an occasionally louder sound of pain.

Suddenly, the door to her office opens with a slam, startling her from her ongoing torture. Her energy withdraws back into her body and the demon beneath her gasps for air and collapses completely. Most of the blood on his face has now been washed away by his salty tears. Hela looks up in the direction of her door, where a certain tall, black-haired demon waltzes inside without a care in the world.

"Hecate! A warning next time? Can't you see I'm in the middle of an evaluation and assessment interview?"

Hecate rolls her eyes and walks across her wide office, the red and black mountain walls around them casting an ominous light over the black marble flooring. "He looks like he's got all the feedback he needs" She hums, glancing down at the lower demon by her feet.

Hela kicks him, just for good measure, and nods like an evil scientist at the scream that somehow manages to leave his mouth. Once he's quieted down, she looks back up at Hecate. They share a knowing glance and spend a few seconds breathing in the pain and power in the room. "Forget him-" Hecate smiles, something special glinting in her eyes. "I have something way more exciting to talk to you about"