49. Hate and Love

🎬

"Still not going to use your powers?"

Slammed against the wall, Tangie can't help but scoff out a smile at the clear roughness of Hela's hands. The demon is not holding back in the slightest, trying to prove her dominance to irk her in every possible way. Her hand is on the angel's shoulder, pushing it against the storage house wall, while her other arm's elbow is leaning against the wall, letting her lean in as close as possible. They are inches away from each other, with Hela's taunting and tempting eyes not leaving hers for a single second.

Tangie is a stubborn angel, though. She's not going to use her powers just because two little demons want to see her activate them during sex. She tilts her head to the side as much as she can, her eyes challenging the demon without using even a slimmer of her own powers. "Why? Not willing to submit without being forced into it?"

Tangie is alerted by Hecate's presence somewhere near her, and she flips her head to the other side just as Hecate's hand cups her cheek, while she stands next to Hela. There is a studying expression on her face as she takes in Tangie's every movement.

"It would be humiliating." Hecate mumbles, without meaning it in the slightest. These demons would use every excuse in the book just to see her reveal her powers.

They don't understand why she has decided to stow them away, and it seems like a sensitive subject to Tangie. When it comes to demons and sensitive subjects, let's just say they don't like them. Nothing should be sensitive. Everything should be talked about, everything should be obvious. Things should be treated in the face. Tangie knows that that is the driving force behind their words. She stops playing their game for a moment, frowning directly at Hela.

"Why did you come? You could've gone home, or stayed in the city."

"Would you have preferred that?"

Hela's eyes widen when she asks. Her question comes as quickly as Tangie's own question left her mouth. The demon's tone holds a warning. A warning that tells Tangie they want her to say the right thing. For her to say no, or any variation of no. The demons have a small sense of playfulness still in them, but Tangie can still feel the weight of the question. She doesn't waste more than a second before answering her, refusing to play into her hands.

"Yes."

Hecate's eyes widen, before falling into some kind of darkness that Tangie knows will come with consequences. Not fearing the demon in the slightest, Tangie doesn't make a single change in her determined expression. It's true. She would've preferred them staying away. She can't help that her heart yearns for someone to be close to her. That's different. It's not her.

The real her, the logical her, knows that her time has passed. Two hundred years of living like a brainless soldier, and now she's ready to put her powers and sword away. These demons are nothing but a reminder of her past. And even though she was happy to see them- it was... surface level. That will never change. Or, well, that won't change in the near future.

Hecate puts a fake smile on her face, tilting her head to the side.

"Aw. You make me upset, darling."

Before she knows it, Tangie is grabbed by the hair and slammed against the wall. Hecate leans in close, their noses touching. Tangie breathes out, eyes wide with a little bit of surprise. She can't help the smile that twitches on her face at the sight of Hecate's riled up eyes. There is so much between them. So much hatred, and so much love. Something that will never change.