28. Materialism

🎬

Tangie doesn't know what she is doing.

Just a few months ago she would've rather killed herself than do this. And suddenly, everything is different.

Her lips feel tingly and soft. Hecate's eyes are wide in front of her, so unlike the usual confident stare that she has. The room is still covered in the dark shadows of the evening, and the silence within the isolated walls is way louder than any noise from the street could ever be. She's scared. Terrified. Her knee is touching Hecate's. Her hands are clenched into tight fists. A thousand thoughts are running through her mind.

They've just kissed. She should jump off the roof of this building for committing such an offence. They've just kissed. She's just kissed a demon. Her target, to add on to it. She should hate herself right now. She should hate Hecate for kissing her first.

But looking into Hecate's eyes, then down at her lips, and then back up at her eyes again, Tangie can't do it. She can't feel bad about what they've done. These last few months she's lived like her days are numbered, like her life is over. Suddenly, she's alive again. She's turning around. Completely against what she's supposed to do. Rewiring her brain. And it feels amazing.

Tangie looks at Hecate again.

She needs more.

She needs to feel amazing again.

She needs it. And the demon needs it too.

Hecate grabs the human's brown hair and Tangie grabs her neck. They crash their lips against each other and their teeth clash almost painfully. With their heads turning and tongues finally meeting, Hecate can't help but mess up her beautiful hair as she tries to bring her closer, impossibly closer, suddenly realising that this is something she wanted from the beginning. It's like eating something you never knew you liked. It's addictive. It's regretful. It makes her feel real sorrow over the fact that she hadn't done this earlier.

In the moment, as Tangie squeezes the back of her neck and bites at her lower lip, Hecate can't imagine ever doing anything else. It's so out of character for the both of them, and yet somehow it's something they both want to do more than anything else in the world. Or at least, that's what Hecate hopes Tangie is feeling, because that's certainly the feeling that is overwhelming her right now. More than it should overwhelm a demon of her standing.

Hecate thought that she'd be the one luring her in and taking the lead. But she's pleasantly surprised to find herself slowly falling backwards against the couch, coaxed down by Tangie's confident hands against her shoulders. They don't break their kiss, but Hecate breathes out a pleasant sigh when she feels the human's body settle against her hips, a comfortable weight closing her in between the couch and the person that she's kissing.

It's like they're in a bubble. Unable to speak, terrified to break the atmosphere around them, but too far in to stop. Hecate drops her hands to Tangie's hips and lets them rest there, dragging softly over the skin and subtly pulling up her black t-shirt in the process, further and further up. Tangie, on the other hand, kisses down from her mouth to her chin, and slowly moves down to her neck with nips and bites, and soft kisses to smoothen the blows.

Hecate breathes out steadily, putting her hands under Tangie's shirt and under her bra straps, fingers itching to just clip it off. She focuses on running her hands across Tangie's skin instead, and when Tangie moves over to her lower throat and collarbones Hecate wonders if it feels so good because Tangie is actually this good at it, or because she's wanted this for so long. What? Demons are horny. Even she isn't an exception.