15. Realisations

🎬

God, she's probably going to die before the week is over.

Wind swishes in her ears, loud and piercing. Hael keeps on falling, further and further down. She spins around in the air, out of control, her wings desperately trying to flap to catch herself.

She's done this a million times before, but whenever they do it the guards open a safety measure on the hole in the floor that allows them to fall down straight, in a perfect position. Hael knows that she isn't in that position right now.

She spins, around and around, holding her breath so she doesn't puke and scream. Opening her mouth is a big no no. The intense winds get in and cause her to choke, it's not a good idea and Hael knows it. So, she keeps her mouth shut and lets herself fall, even though she spins like a human roller coaster. Head feeling dizzy and wings growing weaker, Tangie is all she can think of.

She would never do anything like this, but for Tangie, she'll do it in a heartbeat. Breaking the law is against angel nature. And yet here she is, spinning dangerously in the air, letting the wind take her from one part of the sky to the next, nearly ripping her to shreds.

When the air suddenly starts to smell a little different, Hael knows that she has hit the clouds. They feel like nothing, just white and grey gas. But they have this distinct smell that helps an angel know where she is, since opening your eyes is also a big no no. The clouds mean that you have entered the human realm. The clouds also mean that it won't be long until you are visible to humans, and can see the ground far down below. Only once you've passed the clouds are you allowed to open your eyes, but even then, opening your mouth is uncomfortable.

So, without being able to see yet, or scream, Hael lets herself fall through the air and slowly starts to catch herself to a more stable speed, her wings nearly breaking while trying to do it. She flaps and flaps, avoids harsh falling winds and eventually manages to catch herself on a southern wind travelling towards the sea. Her wings feel sore and tired and there is this terrible, guilty feeling in weighing her down, but Hael continues, her eyes set on the horizon, to where she knows Tangie is.

She'll be there, and she'll save them both.

But God, she's probably going to die before the week is over.

"-Anyway, I had her sign an NDA while drunk and then kicked her out once she was sober enough to understand what it means to sign one"

Mazanin takes a sip from his whiskey, before he lowers it and spins the liquid around once or twice. The alluring movement of the orange substance puts his already quite dizzy head into a trance. Rain slams down on the window next to them, reminding him of his latest movie, and all other related beauties of this human world, while the voices of Hela's latest short-film boom softly from the TV in the living room.

"Do you have all that paperwork just lying around your house?"

He's sitting here in the world famous living room of Eve and Mary, while a rainstorm keeps them awake late into the evening. Hecate on one chair, Hela on the other and him on the couch, all to himself. It's great to sit here. The view is amazing, showing some of the sparkling city outside, drenched by the shadows of the night and the shadows of the bright, shining advertisements in this lovely capitalist hellscape. Rain has washed the windows clean with dotty stripes, and the drumming of it is quite nice to listen to.

He thinks about the demon world. About the mountain walls surrounding his office, the open balcony rising above the more quiet pits of hell. He thinks about all the demonic beauties he had lying in his sheets, thinks about how their eyes used to shine under the dim orange light and skin sometimes glistened with sweat. It was more beautiful than any starry night in the human realm. Or at least, that's what he thought back then. The human realm is beautiful, though, and now he knows that. Maybe even more beautiful than the squirming bodies of the demon realm.