6. Statues from hell

🎬

"Welcome to our little piece of hell, like I always say"

Tangie is so close to breaking at that moment that she almost surprises herself.

'Little piece of hell'? Are they being serious right now? How did it take the angel realm two years to find these two? Literally two years to find two demons who go around calling themselves Eve and Mary, kick out one manager after the next, call their home 'little hell' and have risen to fame faster than any other actresses in the history of history. Tangie really regrets not having treated those angels back at the supervising and paperwork department worse. They are doing an absolutely terrible job, and now it's too late to give them a piece of her mind.

Hela lets the elevator doors open on their own, as it is their personal entrance into their apartment. Tangie wants to roll her eyes, but she keeps a polite smile on her face. Hela and Hecate have grown so rich in the human realm, that they have actually managed to buy the entire top floor of a large skyscraper, to the point where the elevator leads to their apartment and to their apartment only. Tangie ignores the taste of 'these cheating assholes' on her tongue and follows the two demons inside their home.

"You can leave your shoes here"

The first thing she sees is a rather spacious entrance hallway that leads up to a double-glass door which separates the elevator and entrance from the rest of the apartment. The entrance has black, shiny wardrobes on each side of the wall, and then nothing but a black wall all the way to the glass doors. Tangie takes off her shoes and leaves them by the elevator doors, following Hela's and Hecate's example. They walk over to the glass doors and open them, walking right into the spacious living-room.

"We've dedicated most of the space to the glass balcony around our apartment. The view of the city is quite nice by night"

Tangie looks over at where Hela is pointing. The entire left wall of the living room is made out of glass, with a pair of glass balcony doors in the middle leading out into the large rooftop balcony. It's raining, however, and clouds cover most of the city view, so Tangie focuses her attention on the inside surroundings instead. The two demons walk further into the living room, and Tangie follows them with her eyes.

She sees a large, black leather couch somewhere in the middle, and a slick, black marble coffee-table in front of it. There are two black leather chairs on each side of the coffee-table, and a big TV standing opposite of the couch. Otherwise there is not much in the large, but empty living room. No plants, no curtains, no pillows or rugs. Tangie doesn't expect anything more from two demons, as their souls must be even emptier than this space. There is, however, a mostly empty, black bookshelf standing against the wall opposite of her, right next to what seems to be the opening into a long and dark hallway.

Hecate walks to the right, where instead of a wall there is a big opening into their kitchen. Hela stays behind, waiting for Tangie's eyes to stop wandering and land on her instead. Once Tangie looks at her, she gestures at a small table in front of the kitchen entrance. Or more specifically, the statue standing on top of it.

"That's our tiny statue of a naked lady jumping on one leg. Ignore that, it's not as expensive as it looks"

Tangie bends down a little to look at the statue, eyes bewildered. It's indeed a statue of a woman, as naked as a woman can be, jumping on one leg and looking almost too realistic. She shakes her head and continues following them to the kitchen, where Hela is already leaning against their black marble countertop. Tangie looks around, pretending to be amazed by their luxurious surroundings.