Chapter 14: On the Ride

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me. 

~We'll laugh till we cry

Read each other's minds

Live with a smile

Make it all worthwhile...

...Live as moments hard to describe

The feeling so clear

And it's crazy up here

Life is amazing with you on the ride~

(Aly & AJ)

Wakey, wakey, Upper East Siders. Spring break is done, and I'm starved for the dish. We're you sunning in Capri or sinning in Croatia? Give me the deets. And has anyone spotted our Ex-queen B? Where does the dethroned royalty vacation these days?

Elizabeth walked out of the doctor's office onto the street. Her phone rang and she answered it.

"Hey Dad" she said.

"Hey Rock Star. Dan said you headed straight to your appointment. What's the word?"

"Boot off. He wants me take it easy though to avoid another sprain. Or even worse a break which could easily ruin any future as a figure skater"

"Probably a good idea" he said "I just wanted to check in on you.

"Thank you, dad. I'll be home after school"

"No rink?"
"I think if I go, I'll be tempted to skate and since I still can't I should try to avoid it" she said. "It will be hard, but I think I can do it"

"See you later Rock Star"

She got to school and spotted Nate.

"Nate" she shouted, and he turned and smiled.

"She returns from Hudson" he said, and she stuck her leg out. "And she has her boot off."

"I do" she replied. "And it makes me so happy. But I still can't skate for like another week or so. Doctor wants me to take it easy. Which if you know..."

"Liz" he said.

"What?" she asked.

"Breathe" he laughed.

"Right" she smiled.

"How is your mom?"

"She's good. She's happy. Alex is a nice guy and very good for her."

"And Carter?"

"I actually haven't seen him since I hung up on him" she said.

"Really?"

"Stop" she replied as they walked further into the school yard. Everyone was whispering and she and Nate turned to see Blair right as Jenny dropped yogurt on her head. Everyone began laughing.

"Your sister is a good shot"

"Yeah" Elizabeth replied.

"I'll talk to you later" he said, and she nodded and watched him walk away. She looked back to her sister. She needed to check in with her.