Chapter 23: Keep Holding On

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me. 

~You're not alone, together we stand

I'll be by your side, you know, I'll take your hand

When it gets cold, and it feels like the end

There's no place to go, you know, I won't give in

No, I won't give in

Keep holding on

'Cause you know we'll make it through

We'll make it through

Just stay strong

'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you

There's nothing you can say, nothing you can do

There's no other way when it comes to the truth~

(Avril Lavigne)

Wakey, wakey Upper East Siders, welcome to the first day of senior year and the onset of a new social dynasty. The big question is with Serena single and on top of the world will Constance become the house of Van der Woodsen?

Elizabeth sat at the counter next to Dan. He was going on and on about the breakup with Serena but all she could think about was her night with Chuck and then her pending relationship with Nate. She was so confused. And not like when it was Nate versus Carter. That was easy, Nate was the one. But now she had Nate versus Chuck and she couldn't decide what she wanted.

"It will be fine right?" Dan asked.

"Of course, it will" their father said.

"I mean, we-we broke up amicably. No one cheated. No one screamed."

"You got nothing to worry about"

"Except that she is Serena Van der Woodsen. You can't do better than her" Elizabeth replied.

"Elizabeth" her father said.

"I need to cut this breakfast short. I'm meeting Drew before he goes off to Dalton and we're congratulating Matt on NYU."

"You and Drew seem pretty close" her father said. "And well Jenny mentioned a summer boyfriend, not to mention you were out pretty late the night of senior parent's party"

"We were discussing Dan's relationship status" she replied "I'm holding on hope for Nate. Drew and I are friends, and skate partners. That is all. The guy this summer was just that. A guy who is now part of my past. Or at least he needs to stay that way."

"Good luck" Dan said.

"Back at you brother" she replied kissing his cheek then hugging her dad and taking off.

Elizabeth arrived at the coffee shop and walked in. It looked pretty much the same except a bigger stage and the tables looked brand new.

"It's looks nice right?" Matt asked handing her a coffee. "Have you seen the Rink?"