Chapter 33: I Won't Let Go

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

~I will stand by you

I will help you through

When you've done all you can do

If you can't cope

I will dry your eyes

I will fight your fight

I will hold you tight

And I won't let go~

(Rascal Flatts)

Gossip Girl here, welcoming you to the New Year. When Manhattanites who flew south for the sun return to their Park Avenue perches which mean I have a lot of catching up to do. Word is Serena Van der Woodsen tangoed in the New Year in the plazas of Buenos Aires. Guess that means Lonely Boy was all alone when the clock tolled 12:00 while his twin sister got cozy with Nate up in the Hamptons. And what of Little J? Rumor is she's trading runways for hallway. So long high fashion, hello high school. Blair Waldorf has been spotted making inroads at the colony club. With high school nearing its end has Queen B, found a new social ladder to climb? So the only real question remaining where in the world is Chuck Bass? And is he ever coming back?

Elizabeth walked to school from the subway while talking on the phone with Nate.

"I guess you not being at school this week is your excuse to spend more time with me when you finally return" she asked.

"You caught me" he laughed. "Thank you by the way for spending the New Year with me. I loved having you here."

"One must always spend the new year with the one they love" She said.

"Well I better let you get to class. I miss you already."

"I miss you as well. Come home soon. Love you"

"Love you too" he said and they hung up. She rounded the corner and spotted Dan kissing Serena "Did I step into a time machine to last year? When was this a thing? And how did I not know it was a thing? I usually always know when this is a thing"

"Lizzie!" Serena said pulling away and hugging her.

"Hey Lizzie" Dan said.

Spotted: S and Lonely Boy kicking off the New Year likes its last year. Who knows maybe third time's a charm. But let's not break out the bubbly just yet.

"So?"

"It just did, like 2 minutes ago" Serena said.

"That's so exciting you guys. We can double now"

"Well I..." Dan started to say.

"We would love to" Serena said.

"Well I will let you two get back to what you two were doing" Elizabeth said.

She walked out of her last class for the day and ran into Chuck.

"Hey" she said happy to see him.

"Bye" he replied walking away.

"Wow Chuck, I thought we were friends"

"Don't take any offense, he's rebelling" a man said behind her.