Chapter 89: With or Without You

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

~With or without you
With or without you

Through the storm, we reach the shore
You give it all but I want more
And I'm waiting for you

With or without you
With or without you~

(U2)

Elizabeth had spent most of the last month fully baby proofing the Penthouse. Sure, this was somethings she needed done months ago but never did it but now that Ella was crawling and sitting, she was on full alert. Not to mention she still had the whole place to herself. And since Ella was with Lily keeping her company, she could get it done. They had spent a lot of the summer at the beach in Coney Island. Just her and Ella. Cameron, who she was now technically dating since the beginning of summer wanted to go with them a few times, but she couldn't bring him there. It was her and Chuck's spot. She didn't even take Nate or Drew there. That was there escape from their world and she wanted it to stay that way. She wanted to show Ella it though.

"Hello" she heard Cameron say

"In here" she replied, and he walked into the kitchen where she was putting baby locks on cabinets.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Baby proofing"

"Isn't that something that is done before the baby comes?"

"Uh yeah" she said "Which makes me a lousy parent but now that Ella is on all 4 crawling like a speedster, she finds herself in all sorts of stuff. I had to lock Chuck's room. She won't leave it alone"

She couldn't tell him that she too had been sleeping in there a few times herself. It brought her comfort just like when she was pregnant with Ella.

"She misses her dad" he asked.

"Like crazy. He's not even here and her first word was Dada."

"She's gonna be a daddy's girl" he said

"Oh, most definitely" she replied standing up and turning to him "Did we have plans?"

"No. I just know that you have been overly stressed so I brought you coffee" he said

"My shop?"

"Yes" he said then kissed her.

"A man that knows Coffee is my 1st love" she smiled "Don't actually tell my first love I said that"

"I won't tell Nate" he said and she gave a fake smiled. Carter had that spot not Nate. Nate was her true love, at least she thought he was. She was so confused on that now. She actually had missed Chuck more this summer than she had Nate. And maybe that was part of the reason she was dating Cameron. To distract herself from those feelings.

Since their date at the beginning of summer they had spent almost every weekend together and she was happy. Yes, he was no Nate and not even Chuck, but she was happy, and Cameron treated her very well, and most importantly he treated Ella well too, so it was all good.

"Oh, and the front desk gave this to me" he said handing her an envelope. She opened it and looked at it.

"It's Blair's save the date" she replied.

"It's crazy that she's getting married"

"Tell me about it" she said and pulled out another envelope.

"What's that one?" he asked.