Chapter 52: Come Back to Me

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

~See you out with all your friends

Laughing it up as you pretend

To have a good time, I know cause I'm living the same life

I'm about to got to say

We can't keep living this same way

So I'll be the one

Yeah I'll say it I'll say it I'll say it I'll say it again

Baby come back to me

In my heart I still believe

We were meant to be

Together so whatever it takes

Baby come back to me

I should've never set you free

Love maybe

Come back~

(Vanessa Hudgens)

In Manhattan some parties are V.I.P only. Others are strictly private. But some parties are Political, and those lines are drawn by the most established of the establishment. And once those lines are drawn, the can never be crossed.

Elizabeth walked into the loft kitchen and poured herself some coffee. She had been working non-stop on so many songs and Chuck had hired her to sing every once in a while at the hotel lounge. And tonight she was singing for the Van der Bilt campaign party and she was super nervous with Nate and his family there.

She looked toward Dan's room and saw it empty again. Her phone buzzed and she glanced at it.

Olivia: Whatever you do please don't let Dan see my Fallon Appearance.

She replied having watched it the night before. She knew what she was talking about. She grabbed her stuff and headed out the door. She grabbed a cab and her phone rang and she answered.

"So I can be there, and Liam can be there but were still missing one member of the band" Drew said before she could say hello

"Well Liam is drums, you can play bass so we got that covered and I can play guitar and keyboard. I think we can do without Zach for one night."

"Okay good" he replied. "What time are we meeting?"

"I was gonna head that way now. Get a feel for the stage. See where Chuck wants us to set up exactly."

"Maybe run into Nate?"

"Drew" she said "I am not going early to run into to Nate, in fact I'm planning on avoiding him"

"The Elizabeth Humphrey I know wouldn't avoid him. She'd fight like hell to get him back"

"I can't fight for something I'm not even sure I want right now"

"Right"

"I'll see you there. We've been practicing the songs they requested so were good there."

"See you soon" Drew said and she hung up. There was press everywhere out front. Chuck came out and guided her in.