Chapter 63: Never Be the Same

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

~Just like nicotine, heroin, morphine

Suddenly, I'm a fiend and you're all I need

All I need

Yeah, you're all I need

It's you, babe

And I'm a sucker for the way that you move, babe

And I could try to run, but it would be useless

You're to blame

Just one hit of you, I knew I'll never be the same~

(Camila Cabello)

On the Upper East Side. New Days don't always bring new beginnings, but they almost always bring new surprises.

Elizabeth rolled over and took a deep breath. She looked over at Chuck laying there. It was only supposed to be one night but it turned too many and this time it was different. In fact she was having fun, and that is what she needed a no strings attached fun. But then again with her and Chuck there was never not strings.

"I thought we agreed that this would be a one-time thing. When did it turn to like a weeks' worth?" she asked and he kissed her then pulled away.

"I have no clue" he replied. "But haven't we learned we're not a onetime thing type of people"

"I'm so glad that when we heard my sister and Nate playing video games you got us a different room. They are the last two people I want to know about this"

"Perks of owning the place" he said getting up. He tossed her dress and she put it on.

"I guess so" she replied.

"Don't you own like 12 apartments?" he asked winking.

"All occupied" she smiled. "Trust me I checked"

"So you thought about it?" he asked.

"It crossed my mind the other day when I was working and you stopped by. Which is a boyfriend thing and we agreed that was not what this is. We are two people on the rebound" she said and turned "Zip please?"

He zipped up her dress kissing her shoulder and she turned to him and put her hands on his cheeks.

"You and I will never be just a rebound to each other" he replied. "But I am guessing that Breakfast is off the table"

"Thanks for last night" she replied then kissed him. She left the room and got on the elevator. She got down to the lobby and realized she forgot her phone. She pressed the up button and waited for the elevator to get down. When it opened Nate was standing there.

"Hey" he said "What brings you by and looking really nice?"

"I...Chuck" she said then tried to think of a reason to see Chuck.

"What about him?" he asked.

"The Coffee Shop" she replied thinking on her feet. "I want to expand and I thought maybe Chuck would let me put one in here. Or give me some ideas and tips on expanding."

"I highly doubt it with Carter being attached to it"

"A girl can flirt and try though right? Plus Carter only owns 5% and he's MIA at the moment." she asked and he nodded.