Chapter 117: The One Thing

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me. 

A/N: Hey Guys! I am back and will be posting the last few chapters like crazy and then start getting the rest of Secret Keeper Up. Thank you so much for being patient. I unfortunately  had to get a new laptop for my old one (Which wasn't really old because it was brand new) was not able to be fixed. 

~You are the one thing that I got right

It's a fickle world, yeah, it's a fickle world

You turned the darkness into sunlightI'm a lucky girl, yeah, I'm a lucky girlAnd if I mess up everything somedayI won't hide my head in shame'Cause you are the one thing that I got right~

~Shakira~

They say the early bird gets the worm. Inspiring motivation if you're the bird. The worm, however, has no idea when her future will be plucked away by the next airborne attacker.

Elizabeth span in the chair for the 10th time. She and Drew were working on the new album, and they had just listened to the whole thing but weren't quite sure if it was finished.

"You think spinning is gonna help a song come to you?"

"Maybe" she replied, "You were doing it so I thought it would work."

"So?"

"I don't know if it's the best song to end the album." She said, "I mean I like it, but I wrote it last fall when I thought I wanted Nate but was kinda with Chuck and now I'm married to Chuck."

"True" he said. "Well maybe there is another song in you somewhere? Maybe about your husband. Like the one we sang this summer. That was such a beautiful song, and you could just feel your love for him"

"Hopefully. You got anything?"

"No" he said. "So, I'm watching Ella tonight, right?"

"Uh yeah" she said "I told my dad we would go to his Gallery opening and I just don't think it's the right place for my little girl. Especially with Ivy being there too"

"Oh" he replied.

"I should go. I left Ella with the guys, so God only knows what they have her up too. Nate once taught her how to break into a safe."

"Good luck" he said.

*Chuck and Nate*

Chuck sat on the couch with Ella watching some surveillance on TV

"Hey, is Liz here?"

"At the label working on her new album with Drew. Something about needing one more maybe two more songs. Told me that she was leaving Ella here when she left."

"You surfing 'The Empire' CCTV again? What is Olivia Munn staying here?" Nate asked. "Teach Ella how to watch surveillance, I already taught her safe cracking, so she's definitely set in a career choice involving those two things."

"Wrong place" Chuck replied. "This is the Security footage from the Van der Woodsen building"

"How'd you get your hands on that?"

"Well, Vanya can't be bribed but the night doorman was remarkably open to a cash payment."

"Teaching Ella bribery. She will be very well rounded in education."