Chapter 57: Better in Time

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

AN: so I originally edited this chapter a few days after the passing of Meat Loaf. I am a huge fan and Paradise by the Dashboard Lights is one of my favorite Meat Loaf song.

~It's been the longest winter without you

I didn't know where to turn to

See somehow I can't forget you

After all that we've been through...

...Thought I couldn't live without you

It's gonna hurt when it heals too

It'll all get better in time

And even though I really love you

I'm gonna smile cause I deserve to

It'll all get better in time~

(Leona Lewis)

'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times' Seems Dickens knew something about life on the Upper East Side, where the only thing you count on is that time changes everything. Word has it S. gave up on politics to focus on issues closer to her heart.

Elizabeth walked into the loft, with Dan right behind her. They had just gotten back from California spend a little bit of extra time than originally planned. They were very thankful that Cece let them use her place as a place to stay. It was much needed time both of them needed and she was glad to have that time with her brother.

"The next time I volunteer to be your roadie please tell me no" he said dragging their bags in.

"You had fun, admit it"

"Oh my god yes." He replied "It was a blast"

"See" she said

"How are you now that were back?"

"Well I don't know yet. I'm excited to get in the studio even though right now all were recording are covers but that's what the guys wants us to do so I'm not gonna complain"

"Well Meatloaf loved your version of his song" he replied

"I did too. It's so much fun to perform" she replied "I'm gonna go put my stuff in my room and then go see my shop and hope it's still standing not that I don't trust Matt to keep it that way."

"And I told Nate I'd meet him" Dan said then stopped "I'm sorry"

"No, don't be. You two are friends. I want that to keep happening okay. I mean I would love to be friends with Nate again but right now I just...I can't so he is gonna need you"

"Want me to rub in his face what he missed out on and that you flirted with Jesse McCartney." He asked and she shook her head no.

"You're the best but no" she said "I'll see you later."

She went into her room and started unpacking her stuff. She pulled out a picture of the band with Meatloaf and put it on her dresser and smiled.

*Dan & Nate*

Dan sat in the coffee shop waiting on Nate but was hoping Vanessa was gonna come in. Nate walked in.

"What? I'm not that late" Nate said "Oh no is Liz here? I can meet you another..."