Chapter 99: More

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me

~I want you more

Somehow, I just want you more

Wooden floors and little feet

A flower bud in concrete 

Feelin' so incomplete

Wonder will we ever meet?

And would you know it right away

How hard I try to see your face?

A little screen, a photograph, mine to take~

(Halsey)

Elizabeth walked into the living room and spotted Nate. It had been a couple months since the accident, and she sort of felt like she was in limbo. The accident had definitely shaken her up and seeing Chuck in the hospital bed had sent her to a loop of emotions. She sat by his bed most of the time while he was in the hospital and didn't talk to anyone except him and Ella. She barely got any words out to Nate or her dad. She was happy that Lily had told the doctors though she was family. That meant she could stay as long as she wanted. She was sort of trying to get better, but any mention of that night and she was in pieces all over again. Not to mention she was dealing with some other things on her mind that she didn't know if they related to that night or not. But since she was connecting the two, she couldn't help but to think they were related.

"Hey" she said, and he kissed her cheek. He had tried kissing her many times, but she would move. He knew something was wrong and was just wishing she would talk to him.

"I need to go but you are coming to my party tonight, right?" Nate asked her and she looked at him. He wasn't sure if she heard him "My party?"

"Yeah. As your date of course" she replied putting on a fake smile. The last place she wanted to be was at a party, but Nate was technically her boyfriend again, she wasn't sure really what they were, and it was his party. With the accident everything just had become a blur and she was noticing her feelings for him just weren't there.

"I'll see you later"

"Okay" she smiled.

She took Ella over to her parents.

"We are so excited to have her for the night" Lily said.

"We are gonna teach her karaoke." Her dad said.

"Okay" she replied just staring at Ella.

"Are you okay rock star, you've been in this funk lately" her dad asked, and she looked at him. "Is it the accident?"

"Just ready for a new year" she replied "Thank you again for..."

"Stop apologizing. She is our Granddaughter, and we absolutely adore her."

"I can't believe that she is almost a year old. It's crazy to think that a year ago I was pregnant with her." she said sad.

"You, okay? You seemed sad saying that?" Lily asked.