Chapter 77: Count On Me

Disclaimer: I own Elizabeth, all the rest of the characters unless otherwise noted do not belong to me.

~You can count on me, when you can not see

Let me spell it

Out plain and simple now

When your numbers called backs against the wall

Pick you up when you fall be there when you call~

(Matt Kearney)

Spotted: Dan and Blair exiting Sant Ambroeus with espresso doppio for two, but we hear it's not the caffeine that's got them talking a mile a minute. It's a mission.

Elizabeth walked into the Coffee shop. She still had the events of her and Chuck hooking up going through her head. Matt and Drew stood behind the counter.

"Hi" she replied looking at them "What is going on?"

"You okay?"

"Yeah" she replied still confused on what they were doing. "Wait is this about Serena. She's getting the help she probably needs"

"Okay" they said, and she looked between the two of them.

"Can I get a hot chocolate please?" she said "Usually you guys already have one or a coffee ready"

"Well we were just worried."

"Stop" she said "You two are my friends and I get you're worried but please stop. I already have Dan, Eric, My dad, Lily, Nate and Chuck worried about me all the time during this pregnancy. I don't need you two too. Or Carter so if you see him tell him to stop as well.

They both shook their heads and Matt handed her the hot chocolate.

"Now I need to go" she said looking between the two of them again. "Stop it"

"Okay" they said, and she left.

*Chuck and Lily*

"Thank you so much for your time" Lily said to the lady from the post.

"Enjoy your holiday" Chuck replied to her as well.

"We really appreciate 'The Post's' interest in the company"

"Bye" they both said and the elevator closed. They began walking back toward the kitchen.

"Oh, my god that was punishing" Lily said.

"I think my face actually hurts from smiling so much. Drinks?" Chuck replied.

"Please, It's barely afternoon, but we've earned it"

"Serena only came up once as did Elizabeth's pregnancy"

"Yes, and I kept my promise to Eric to tell the truth"

"I think we both killed it" he said "You talking about how proud you are of the work I've done at the Empire"

"And you saying what a great job I've done leading the board at Bass"

"Well I meant what I said."

"So do I."

"There was that sticky question of when I might take back the reins of Bass Industries. You kind of flinched when she asked you about it."

"Well, I didn't see that it was any of her business. It's a long ways away and it was off topic"

"I will want it back at some point. You know that right? I would like to pass it down to my daughter one day and her to her children"