Hurting The Ones You Love

Dean x Male Reader
Angst

Note!: Reader is in no way abusive, nor verbally or physically, but he is however terrible at watching his words, especially when he's angry.

Yelling.

Reader and Dean always seemed to be yelling at each other, Sam noticed this a while back, he thought it was just a little lovers fight at first, he thought nothing of it, until it was to the point of yelling almost all day.

Yelling about the most stupid things, such as, leaving the fridge door open, drinking the last beer, not wanting to spend time with them (it was usually Dean who sparked that comment because of Reader's habit to want to work alone), and finally the remark of how stupid the other was in said situation.

Sam was done with all this fighting, he just wanted the two to go back like how it was before, sure he hated the eye fucking and the smirks the two would have on their faces 24/7, but it was worth going back to.

Right now, at 4:28 pm, they were yelling about Reader feeling like he was controlled, like he couldn't go and do want he wanted.

Sam could hear Dean yelling at him, so hard that he could barely make out the words in some sentences.

"Why don't you at least want me to go!?" Dean yelled, Reader scoffed, putting his hands onto his hips, "I'm allowed to be on my own Dean!" He yelled, Dean flinched a bit, then regained his composer.

"Just please let me or Sam go!" Dean said back, trying his best to not yell again, but he knew, everyone knew, once Reader was angry, once you got him yelling, he didn't stop until he wanted to.

Reader chuckled darkly, still very angry, "You afraid I'm going to die Dean?" He asked almost in a mocking tone, Dean glared at him.

"Afraid I'm gonna end up like all your other sex partners?" Reader was to angry to see what he was saying, to angry to see the hurt in Deans eyes from those few words.

"Afraid you can't protect me?" He egged on, Dean looked at him in disbelief, "you couldn't save all your other whores so you want to save me?" Dean (at this moment) wanted to break down in tears, but he was to manly to do so, that's not how he was raised.

"I can take care of myself. I don't need you Dean." Reader said harshly before grabbing his keys and walking out of the room.
Dean still looked to where his lover once was, looking at that spot in disbelief, how could he say those things?

Once Sam was sure Reader was gone, he quickly went over to his brother, he's never seen him so hurt, sure he'd seen him hurt before but nowhere on this level.

"Dean" Sam said softly, not wanting to make his brother angrier than he already was, Dean slowly looked to his brother and quivered his lips, something he never did, something he would be damned to do infront of his little brother.

Sam's eyes went soft, he put a hand on Deans shoulder and gave him a brotherly hug.
Maybe Dean wanted this hug, maybe he didn't and he was just to weak to move, but he stayed, he stayed in his brothers arms for a little bit before Sam pulled away.

"You need to rest Dean" Sam said stern but soft, "listen to your music or something" he said smiling softly, Dean nodded and went off to his (and Reader's) room, he sat down on the bed, laid back and looked to the ceiling.

How could he say those things?