Roman Sionis (Black Mask) //"Protector" Part 3//

Imagine, Ever since you told Roman about your problem with some loan sharks, he wanted to help you any way he could, so he went to their compound and "convinced them" to stop going after you. But you still aren't safe...
___________________________________

He told you he was just going out for a walk. Later though, when he came back you heard on the news that a building exploded in a bad part of Gotham City.

"Did you do that, that's the address I gave you a few days ago." You ask as you are sitting on the couch next to him. Roman looks at you and shakes his head.

"No. But that makes my job way easier." He smiles at you...he knows you aren't convinced. "I had to protect you Princess." He holds your hand and you blush.

"Thank you. But you could of gotten hurt Romy, I would much rather have me been in harm then put you in harm." After you say this he kisses the top of your head.

"I'm trained! Plus I've been protecting you for as long as I can remember. And I will pay you to not call me that." You laugh softly when he says he's trained.

"Who trained you? And deal." You smile and he shrugs.

"I trained myself, I'm a man of manly talents. I'm my own mentor." He chuckles and you hug him lovingly.

"Well your credentials check out." You tease as he messes up your hair playfully.

"Great!" He cuddles you as you both sit on the couch. "I love you Princess..." he says quietly.

"I love you to!"
___________________________________
Now since you're safe and sound, you feel comfortable enough to go on sunset walks like you used to. You are getting changed into comfortable clothing when Roman walks into the bedroom you two share.

"Where are you going?" You notice he's dressed up, well he usually is always dressed up fancy, but it looks like he's going somewhere.

"Well, now since you helped me with my problem, I feel like I could take walks like I used to." He grabs your hand and shakes his head.

"I wouldn't...not this late. They might be gone but a woman alone is easy prey. Especially after sun set." You sigh and look at him.

"I know, but I just want to do things I used to do. I'm bringing a weapon." You look up to him with a convincing stare.

"Please be careful Y/N, if I were to lose you I don't know what I would do." You give him a reassuring kiss, you love how protective he can get, but sometimes it can get borderline controlling.

"I will! I love you." You go to leave and he says he loves you to, you leave and start to walk. The sky is streaked in shade of blue and purples and the nighttime breeze is just the perfect temperature, you feel safe and you are comforted by the approaching night. You take the route you usually take, enjoying the peace you get from just being by yourself. After about ten minutes you pause to tie your shoe, after you stand up you hear a voice behind you.

"You really thought your little boyfriend would protect you....funny." You shake immediately you know that voice, it's the leader of the sharks. You go to turn around, he has a gun pointed right to your chest. You go to reach for your knife but before you could even grab the handle, he pulls the trigger. The bullet rockets towards you, it pierces your chest and you immediately collapse, you breath heavily only for a moment before you black out. But before you do you hear another gunshot.

Roman sent one of his men to follow you, to make sure you're okay. He couldn't act in time to stop the bullet but he was able to kill the shark before he finished the job. The guy took you to the most prestigious hospital in Gotham City. When Roman found out he dropped everything, he knew he should of went with you, he feels like he failed you in so many ways.
___________________________________
You slowly open your eyes, the light is blinding, you feel tubes in your nose, you notice almost immediately a man, he jolts up and looks down at you, once your vision clears you notice it's Roman.