Dr Jonathan Crane (Scarecrow) //"Beautiful Trauma"//

Imagine, you've been a psychologist at Arkham Asylum for two years, things have been pretty normal, but things are getting odd. Patients are crazier then usual, they seem more fearful, without answers you consult your superior Dr Crane. What could go wrong?
__________________________________

You knock on the wooden door three times then step back. You are holding a clipboard with multiple pages clipped to it and a CD with a recorded session with one of your patients on it, you're concerned to say the least. Strange behavior has started to emerge from a few of your patients, it's very unlike them, they are usually a bit on edge depending on their conditions, but this is bad. Your patients have started to have blank stares and they mumbled and shake, what they mumble is even more confusing, all they say is scarecrow. You've analyzed this behavior for a week, a lot of your patients experiencing this have never had an extreme paranoia like condition, so having to try to find out what's wrong is challenging. These patterns of behavior are a bit mysterious, so after doing all the research you could, you decided to consult a superior, Dr Crane.

"Come in." You hear after a few seconds. You open the door, you aren't to sure how to even show him this kind of thing, maybe he already knows? "Oh,
Y/L/N, is something up?" Crane is sitting at his desk, a suit case is on it, he puts it on the ground and you nod.

"Yeah, I'm just not to sure how to explain it. To sum it up, a lot of my patients, those of which who have never really been diagnosed with any kind of paranoia disorder have been acting out. I've been trying to find out why, but I'm at a lost." You speak, he looks at you and then looks away at some loose papers.

"Acting out?" He pushes up his glasses and you nod.

"Yeah, they seem to be petrified. They shake and mumble things, some scream at times. Almost as if they are seeing things that aren't there. I know it's not uncommon in a place like this, but these patients never exhibited these behaviors before. My most earliest observation of this was a week ago." As you talk, he doesn't look at you, maybe something really is up.

"What's some things they mumble about?" Crane writes something down on a paper that's already covered in writing.

"I brought a video actually. If it helps." You put the CD on his desk and he takes it out of the case and puts it into his computer. As it starts you walk by his chair to show him some main things in the video. It plays, it shows one of your patients just rocking back and forth, they mumble, it's to quiet to hear. You ask the man what's wrong, but he just looks away and mumbles louder. The mumbling grows louder until you can hear the word scarecrow, you ask who this scarecrow is but he just screams. That's when the video ends. Crane takes the disk out of his computer and puts it back in the case.

"Well that is peculiar. And you've seen this behavior in more then one person?" As a response you nod. "And it's been for about a week now, it's intriguing because you aren't the only one noticing this." You look at him a bit surprised.

"Other patients are acting like this to?" It's kind of depressing to hear about, everyone here is just trying to help them, but this mysterious thing keeps invading their minds.

"Yeah, I had two other psychologist mention it to me. It's quite fascinating." Crane says holding back a smirk, you shrug.

"Well I guess it's kind of interesting . I'm just really concerned, do you recommend anything? Like something to calm them down."

"Just keep trying to work with them, it's very hard to get rid of deep rooted fears and paranoia like this, but you seem determined enough." He smiles at you and you smile back.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, oh and if this behavior persist, see me in another week." You nod and leave. What could of happened to your patients? This behavior started a week ago in the handful of patients you have experiencing this. What happened a week ago that they all experienced? You can't think of something that traumatic that occurred. You look at all their files when you get back to your office, the only thing that happened a week ago to all of them was their six months reevaluation with Dr Crane. You decide not to dwell on it, in a week if this behavior isn't resolved you'll just have to bring it up again.
___________________________________