(Long) Dr Jonathan Crane (Scarecrow)//"Psychologist" Part 4//

Imagine, your life has been weird since you took the job as a psychologist for Arkham Asylum, almost getting killed, falling madly in love with a patient and then trying to make a relationship work has taken a toll. After a series of events you find yourself in a new city trying to bury the past, but things don't go as planned.
___________________________________

What a whirlwind your life has been. Taking a job as a psychologist for one of the most dangerous and overcrowded asylums in the world was a risk in of itself, but that isn't the most crazy thing you've done. Around two years ago you had your first meeting with Jonathan Crane, or as Gotham came to know him as, Scarecrow. This man who shows no mercy to anyone saved you months later when you were close to being shot and admitted that he had feelings for you, aw. Yeah it's not your typical romance story but he meant the world to you, and if you're being honest he still does.

I bet you're wondering why I'm using past tense, well after Bane, who was aiming to destroy Gotham in its entirety was defeated by Batman, who is presumed dead from the bomb blast, you harbored Crane as he plotted to try to gain control over Gotham City and his new plan seemed flawless, but he didn't tell you so it doesn't matter much. What does matter is that ever since Batman died the police have become brutal. In the past the police didn't really have the power to take down criminals with higher IQs like The Joker and Catwoman but now they learned they had to stand up for Gotham City. You loved Crane very much but you knew he was cocky, he always tried testing the limits with what he could get away with, so when he took Gotham's police force hostage and used them to experiment on, it was bound to fail, and it did. The police put Crane back in the asylum and you were fired the next day, they had their theories, and their theories were right. You never got charged for aiding a criminal but they had to fire you, and you had to accept that.

Crane escaped multiple times, he knows the Asylum layout well since he basically ran the place once and he is pretty manipulative so you knew that he would escape. But he never came back to you. He committed  crime after crime, experiments after experiments, but he never came back to you. After two years you had to accept that he has other priorities and you have a degree in psychology going to waste so you made the decision to move and forget your old past, forget your old job, forget your home city, and most importantly forget the man you loved. It wasn't easy but you moved to the county side of Gotham it's not to far away from Gotham City, but it's far away enough to require a train ride. You got a job at a small practice and bought a small house that is surrounded by land, it wasn't cheep but the death of your parents gave you a small inheritance.

You would think this is where you story would end, you are happy and successful, but the past doesn't stay buried for long.
___________________________________

"Come on Y/N, just a few drinks nothing else." Your fellow psychologist Dr Jones urges. He's been trying to get you to go out for some drinks with him for a while but you've been reluctant.

"I'm sorry Dr Jones, but I'm not the drinking type." You say as you are walking down the hallway of the building, a clipboard in your hand he smiles at you. You don't have anything against him, he's really nice but you just don't feel like getting to know someone right now.

"Please, call me Harry, and we don't have to go for drinks. I can make you dinner at my house or something." He stops as you stop to grab your bag, and then smirks you look away.

"Please call me Dr Y/L/N, and I'm good." You look at him, that was a bit mean and you didn't really mean it to be, you sigh. "I'm sorry, it's just that I just  moved and I got out of a relationship and I don't think I'm ready to try to start a new one quite yet." Harry looks at you and nods.

"Oh, I wish you told me sooner." He walks ahead of you and you walk out of the doors. You push everyone away, you don't want to. Bringing up your last relationship makes you feel really alone, you still love Crane, how could you not, you both didn't officially break it off. You take a deep breath before you get in your car and lean against the steering wheel.