Jervis Tetch (Mad Hatter) //"Always In Wonderland"//

(This imagine will be a bit different since you will be given a name and it does use female pronouns)

Imagine, your name is Alice, you work as a receptionist/assistant to the neuroscientist Jervis Tetch. One day you deliver him a note and also tell him some good news. He asks you out for a "celebration dinner" but things don't go as planned
__________________________________

You lift the cap on your pen and write on a pink sticky note, "Meeting at 5:30 pm tomorrow." After writing you cap your pen and stand up and take the note. You walk away from you desk and approach a nearby door, you knocks and hear a faint, "Come in." With that, you enter and smile warmly.

"Sorry for interrupting your work, Mr Tetch, but I have a note for you." He looks up from his work, there are two rats in a cage and a couple of small microchips on a plate, next to the plate is a pretty teacup with steam coming from it. Jervis smiles up at you then stands up, you hand him the note.

"Don't apologize Alice, it's your job." He takes the note and scans it, you laugh slightly.

"Oh yeah, I still feel like a bother. Well you have a meeting tomorrow to discuss your latest invention." You look at his workspace, the rats are pretty cute. Jervis follows your gaze and he smirks.

"Stay a while, you look interested!" He says excitedly, you smile and walk a bit closer to his desk, he walks there and shows you a few things.

"I am, what you do is really cool, and also the rats are really adorable." You look at his space some more, but he's not. He's looking at you, you don't notice though.  "Do you have to harm the rats?" You say gently.

"No, what I do doesn't harm that at all. You can see one if you would like." He opens the cage and picks one up, he quickly slides a microchip behind it's ear when you are looking away and he hands it to you. He had a hat on when you came in, but he's using it to control the rodent. You smile and pet it, the rat lays down on your palm and licks your thumb.

"Aw it's so adorable! Really friendly to." You stroke the rat gently.

"I wouldn't think a girl would like rodents." Jervis says as he watches you with great interest. He would never tell you this but he loves you, since the moment he hired you he's been madly in love. The rat in a mind controlled state crawls up your arm and rest on your shoulder, you smile at the creature then respond.

"I like every animal really, I had a pet mouse when I was little." You gently pick up the rat and give it back to your boss, he swiftly takes off the chip and puts it back in the cage.

"Oh." He has never said much, but when he does speak his voice is always calm and upbeat around you, it makes you feel really comfortable around him. He sits back down at his desk and you look at him.

"Can I ask you something? It's pretty off topic but I need some advice." You say, his heartbeat picks up, he immediately nods.

"Of course Alice." He sips his tea quickly and you smile.

"Well, I know it's not to kind of me, but I did some snooping around and I found a ring in my boyfriend's coat pocket, I think he's going to propose but I'm really nervous, I don't know if I should accept it, maybe it won't work out. But yet again maybe it will. Do you have any suggestions in what to do?" After saying all of that you take a deep breath. You've been waiting to ask for advice from someone, and you can trust him. Jervis immediately stops drinking his tea and his heart sinks, he looks up at you and for a split second his expression gets upset.

"Well Alice, it's really not my place to tell you what to do. You two have been together for quite some time, I just want you to be happy. Whatever you feel would make you happier is what I want for you." He says with faint sound of defeat in his voice. You smile happily at him. He knows about your boyfriend, he's hates him. He always tells himself how he wants him gone and out of the picture, and with his new mind control chip, he's been thinking about how he could use it to claim you as his.