chapter 7

Riley

I was starting to feel like I wasn't alone anymore. When I first came here I had low expectations, I didn't think I'd ever hug Sebastian, but I did.
It was the first hug id received since I was 8. It felt nice, I felt wanted.

I was disappointed that their meeting had been moved forward. It was now in 2 hours which I was dreading because id be home alone with Lucas who I know hates me.
"Let's go" Sebastian said once I had finished my breakfast. "Where" I ask not liking where this was headed. "Well I said 1 lap and extra chores. So we can do a lap now before I go out. Then for extra chores you can organise the library" he explained. "Why isn't the library organised, the rest of the house is" I ask, knowing what he was doing. "Because there is so many books in there, you might as well pick some out to read whilst you are in there" he replied. There it was. He had asked me to organise the library so I could find some books to read. "You really don't care about how I overhead do you" I ask and he shakes his head "not in the slightest, if it was a conversation I was having in my office then maybe I would care. The only reason I'm giving you consequences for your actions is because Noah does have a good point. You and Lucas sadly need to be treated the same when you mess up"  he said with a emotionless tone but his facial expression showed he wasn't happy about it.
"But you make him run like 100 laps" I say knowing there was no way I could ever do that.
"Yes, we were all trained to run for miles, 100 laps is just a heavy workout, it's also a reminder for him that what I say goes.  I won't make you run that far because you weren't brought up to be like us" he explains. I got the feeling they didn't have the best childhood. "Why were u trained to run for miles" I ask. "Because we were, lets just get this lap over with" he said and I knew it was best not to bring it up again so I let him lead me to the track. We went out into the backyard which although I had seen it, I haven't really been in it.  There was a patio section with chairs and sun loungers and after going down the steps there was a massive garden, at the very end was a running track.
"Did Noah not show you outside" he asks probably seeing the shock on my face. "No"
"Explains alot" he said.

Surprisingly he ran around the track with me. He didn't talk but I was grateful for not being on my own. It was peaceful and for once I didn't feel like I was about to be beaten.

"Good run, go shower and change and meet me outside my room, I'll show you too the library and we can discuss a few things but then I need to go to this meeting" he spoke as we finally came to the end if the track. "ok" I say trying to stay calm although I was probably far from calm. What did he want to discuss.

I made sure to shower and change quickly, still not feeling comfortable using his hot water. Kevin wouldn't allow me hot water. The only time I felt hot water at Kevin's was when he was pouring it on me as a punishment, even then the heat would have burnt me.

I wait outside his room and after a couple of minutes, he comes back out dressed in a suit, looking as serious as ever. "So let's talk about today, Lucas is in charge, do as he says but if he tell you something like 'I'm getting drunk, you can't tell on me', you tell me. If he gives you trouble, also tell me. He may be a little bitch but you are safe with him" he explained as he led me to the library. "I'll just stay out of his way" I say already planning on not coming across him. "It's your home to Riley, go wherever you want just not the upper floor" he tried to reassure me. We were now stood in front of the library and  that meant I would soon be alone. "I'll see you tonight" he said, it was awkward for us both as we still haven't figured out how we say goodbye. "Yeah goodbye, enjoy your meeting" I say unsure how to say it without sounding rude. "Enjoy cleaning the library" he said and seconds later he was already gone.

Ok this would be fine. Tidy up the library then read in my room. I could easily avoid Lucas.