chapter 14

It's Wednesday now, middle of week. I had just arrived at school and I was ready to get rid of this letter. I'll just hand it him and leave. I wasn't in the best of moods already.
Everything was going to shit.
Lucas still treated me like I was dirt on the bottom of his shoe
Noah wasnt even talking to me, he was completely avoiding me.
Sebastian...well suprisingly he had become my favourite, which I never expected when we first met. However at breakfast he told me how the social worker wants to meet and she insisted not only do we go back to Florida to meet her because she feels I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to my friends, then she will be coming back to inspect my living situation. I didn't have friends so I didn't see the point of going back. I knew Sebastian would only ask more questions if I told him I didn't so I accepted it. I would just go for a run when I'm suppose to meet them. And I'll go back to wherever we stop after a few hours. He won't find out.

I entered the school, heading straight for his small office, according to Lucas he's always in there at the start of the day.

Thankfully when I got there he was as after I knocked he opened it. I handed him the signed detention slip and the letter.
I tried to walk away but he wasn't having it "I believe I didn't dismiss you" he said and then begun reading the letter.
I really didn't like this guy. "So you want my forgiveness" he asked with a smirk. "No, it was your fault. You don't even deserve the letter" I speak shocking myself. I had never been this outspoken before.

"Why you little..." He snapped.

I made a big mistake.
I screwed up again
His palm made contact with my cheek.
I blinked, he had hit me.
I ran.

I couldn't see, my eyes blurred with tears and I suddenly crashed into a person. I didn't fall back though, the person held my shoulders steadying me. I blinked away the tears and saw....

Sebastian

I was annoyed. Annoyed with my stupid brothers, the social worker, my work. Everything and everyone, well not Riley.

She had become a big part of my life in such a small amount of time.
It was obvious to everyone when she was born, I was there. I had convinced dad to let me visit, I had told him some stupid lie about how I would make sure Riley would be a good child. Of course I did no such thing, I sat with mum holding my baby sister. I had always wanted a baby sister, when mum took her I was devastated but I got over it. I couldn't mope about, I had work to do and my brothers to protect. At least Riley was safe...or so I thought.
Now I had her back and that was the best thing that had happened to this family in a long while.
Lucas had been nothing but arrogant, unkind and a dick. I had took his car keys from him, why should I allow him his car if he can't be nice to his sister.
As for Noah, he was being a dick now. Last night after I said goodnight to Riley, he came and apologized but then proceeded to tell me I was spoiling her and letting her get away with stuff.
It was only a detention though, yes I was disappointed in her but I wasn't about to do anything to rash. Noah and Lucas got plenty of detentions, Lucas still does.
God my brothers were idiots.

The social worker was also a bitch. As if she wants to check on me her brother when she didn't check on Riley when she was with her stepfather.

"Sebastian we need to talk about Riley"

What did he want now. I roll my eyes and look up at him. Noah was stood in the door way of my office. "I swear Noah if you are going to say one bad thing then you better just leave" I warn. "Well I'm sorry but you need to treat Lucas and Riley the same, they are both the youngest, Lucas is obviously taking his frustration out on Riley. You spend all your time being nice to her but you are punishing Lucas, all because he's angry about living with dad instead of mum like Riley" Noah ranted.
"You want me to be nice to him, well as soon as he starts showing manners I will. Not only has he been rude, he's called Riley some awful names, he's lashed out at me. Whole living in my house, I want respect. Not just from Lucas, from all of you. If I don't get that respect then there will be consequences. And yes even for Riley, the only thing you seem to be missing is Riley hasn't shown me disrespect, only you and Lucas have. So I suggest you shut up and let me run things the way I want" by the end of my rant, my tone had gotten more darker. "Understood" Noah weakly mumbled and quickly left.

I had to be harsh. I wouldn't tolerate them acting like that any longer. Riley was already scared of us all. I wasnt about to allow those idiots to make it worse. I was well aware, she feared me. She was terrified I'd end up like Kevin. I just had to give her time and show her I wasn't.

Maybe I was worse but I wouldnt let her see that side of me. She didn't deserve to see that side. The monster, even the devil would call me a monster if he knew the things I had done.