chapter 49

It was the morning after, Lucas and Noah were already up, Lucas making coffee and Noah making breakfast for everyone.
Sebastian had woken up with a headache,  he felt like shit and didn't want to get up but he knew he had too.
Riley was awake but she didn't feel comfortable leaving her room just yet so she made herself busy by organising her room.

Noah decided to go check on Riley knowing she was usually downstairs by now so he played up the breakfast and headed upstairs.

He knocked on the door and when they was no answer he began to worry. She never slept later. "Riley" he called.
Behind the door, Riley heard the knock but she froze out of panic. When she heard Noah call her name she sighed with relief and opened the door. "Hi" she mumbled. Noah smiled "breakfast is ready" he said as he observed her expressions looking to see if she was okay. He was even more worried when he saw the fear. "You're safe here" he said hoping she would believe him.

When they got to the kitchen, Lucas was sat eating whilst on his phone. "Morning Riley" Lucas greeted her, deciding not to mention last night. He trusted Noah to handle it.
"Morning" Riley replied not wanting to annoy him by not answering.
"Right kids, eat your breakfast then we will be going into the office, if you need anything for school we will go into town after" Noah said as he sat down.
"But it's Sunday" Lucas whined
"Yeah but I need to pick up some files and I want Riley to come with me today if that's okay with you Riley" Noah paused to look at Riley who nodded.

Noah figured he needed Riley to relax more before spending time with Sebastian again. "So why do I have to come" Lucas asked, he had planned to do nothing today. "I was getting to that. Lucas you will be coming because like I said if you both need anything for school we will be getting it and you mentioned a few days ago that you needed a science book" Noah explained. "Oh yeah but there is no point getting now as I will end up being kicked out" Lucas said, he felt like a failure as he said those words. "Don't worry about that. We can probably convince them that you are good enough to stay" Noah waved it off. He was determined to prevent his brother from being kicked out.

After breakfast Noah sent Riley and Lucas off to get ready. Well mainly Lucas, Riley just needed to grab a jacket and put shoes on. He quickly washed up and then headed upstairs with a glass of water and medicine for Sebastian.

He knocked on the door and walked in without waiting for an answer, Sebastian was laid with a pillow over his face.
"Rise and shine" Noah said in a overly cheerful voice as he out the water and medicine down, he then went and opened the curtains which Sebastian groaned in response "shut them now" he growled. Noah hesitated but shut them when he saw the murderous glare from  Sebastian.
"Maybe I should just make my enemies  get drunk" Sebastian mumbled as he rubbed his head, his headache was getting worse.
"Jesus, how much did you drink" Noah asked.
"Too much" Sebastian reached for the water.
"Well I'm taking Riley and Lucas to work then into town" Noah said.
"Why"
"Well I'm going to pick up those files and then Lucas needs a science book for school"
"Right. He has the meeting tommorow, I'll sort it out. Why is Riley going with you"
"Well Sebastian two reasons. You were drunk last night, and also I want to be more open with Riley"

Sebastian was confused by this, he had been drunk but it wasn't like he even saw Riley.
"Riley doesn't know I was drunk though, and what do you mean by more open"

"She was awake, she saw but don't worry you just said goodnight to her. I know we can't tell her about the illegal stuff but she knows some of the shit we get up to. I mean Lucas did say we were killers. I think it's best we show her that we have a legal business"

Sebastian felt guilty. He should never have had so much to drink. He couldn't deny that he had fun last night but the cost was too high. "She's fine Sebastian" Noah said seeing how guilty Sebastian was. "I need to apologize" Sebastian whispered. "Later, right now you are going to go shower and do whatever you need to do. When I get back, we will talk" Noah said and Sebastian found himself nodding.
"I screwed up didn't i" Sebastian asked before Noah could leave.

"Nothing that can't be fixed"