chapter 46

The cookies were ready and were sat on the side cooling. Being protective Noah decided he would handle taking them out of the oven and putting them on the cooling rack.
He had also made Riley some lunch and because he knew she wouldn't eat unless he did, he also had lunch.

"What would you like to do now" Noah asked after they finished lunch.
"Eat cookies" Riley said and it pained Noah to say no, they were still too hot.
"They are too hot at the moment. We can have some later though" Noah said and thankfully Riley agreed to this.
"Ok, you can choose what we do since I chose to make cookies" Riley decided. Noah was about to protest and tell Riley to choose but he realized what he wanted to do.

After their dad left and Sebastian became their guardian things were more relaxed, they got to do more teenage things, of course their dad has let them but he expected them to do their work in return and what the brothers didn't know is that their father would beat  Sebastian for anything they did that wasn't what they had been told to do.
But the one thing they never really got to do was spend time all together doing stuff normal brothers should do. So the day Sebastian was granted the role of guardian, the three of them had snacks and played video games, It was Lucas's idea and both Lucas and Noah had teamed up to get Sebastian to join them.

Sebastian didn't open up but the brothers could see he enjoyed himself  even If he had no clue what he was doing because that was the first time he had played.

"Let's play some video games, we will need to go downstairs if that's okay" Noah suggested but at the same time he was worried because they had a floor below the main floor which Sebastian had turned into a place they could hang out.

"What do you mean downstairs"
Riley trusted Noah but at the same time she was still very cautious. She trusted Kevin at the start and look how that turned out.

"Let me show you, I think you will like it" he said and she slowly nodded.

They got to a door, and when Noah opened it, she saw stairs leading down and she instantly froze then she backed away.
"Riley please, I'm sorry, I promise you won't get hurt down here" Noah didn't think it would effect her this bad.
"I'll go first see" he offered and switched the light on which instantly lit up the stairs, something that seemed to comfort Riley. She barely had light in the room Kevin kept her in. She looked at the door, it was modern and well kept, no scratches, no locks on the door. It was safe?
But Sebastian wasn't here.

That thought alone scared her because she finally realised how much she relied on Sebastian and how much she trusted him. Getting attached and trusting him would only lead to her getting hurt but she wasn't ready to distance herself yet.

She carefully stepped forward and peered down, Noah was stood at the bottom, he had switched the second set of lights on, she could see the room and she sighed with relief, it looked okay. No danger so far and so she carefully went downstairs. Noah smiled knowing this was a big step.
He put his arm around her shoulder but his smile faded when she flinched. "Sorry it's just a reflex" Riley said knowing he knew. Noah decided not to dwell on it, after all it was a big step for her. "I'm proud of you" he said which confused her. What had she done to make him proud.
"It took a lot for you to come down here and I know you are still hesitant with Lucas and I, perhaps Sebastian? But I'm glad you trust me enough to know I'm not leading you in a torture room" Noah explained.
"Do you have torture rooms" Riley asked and Noah was taken back. He started coughing and then it turned to laughter.

He didn't want to lie to her, but she didn't need to know the truth.
"There is no torture rooms in this house Riley"
"Even the 3rd floor" Riley asked as she remembered Noah had warned her not to go up there.
"No its just boring offices and meeting rooms, I will show you later if you want" Noah said, he realized if he didn't show her then she would  think the worst.
"Will Sebastian be okay with it" she asked not wanting to annoy him by going up there.
"Sure, he can come with us if you want"
Riley hesitated, she didn't want Sebastian knowing the reason for the trip to the third floor.
"I'll think about it"
Noah nodded and then led her to the sofas, there was two black leather sofas with a large flat screen tv hanging on the wall with a games console set up.
"Let's play this" Noah said picking up a racing game, he had deemed all the others to be too violent.

A few hours had passed and what started out with them both sitting at oppersite ends of the sofa  ending in them sitting together.

Noah was glad he suggested gaming though because it turned out once Riley knew what she was doing she got competitive and then she would get annoyed that she lost

Noah was glad he suggested gaming though because it turned out once Riley knew what she was doing she got competitive and then she would get annoyed that she lost. It was adorable and Noah wasn't in any hurry to end their gaming.

Neither one of them stopped when they heard the front door, they just continued playing.

Sebastian and Lucas had gotten back to what first seemed like a empty house.

"They made cookies" Lucas said as they entered the kitchen. He went to get one but Sebastian swatted his hand away "they aren't yours" he said and Lucas rolled his eyes, he knew Sebastian wasn't being completely serious at the moment. "But they made plenty. You could have one too"  he tried to convince Sebastian who was hesitant but finally he took one and Lucas was able to take one too.

"Let's go find them" Sebastian said

They saw the door leading downstairs was open and went downstairs.
They watched for a moment at how cute Noah and Riley looked, both Lucas and Sebastian were taking photos  of the scene before them.
Lucas kind of felt jealous, he wanted that with Riley. He didn't express his thoughts though.
"We are back"  he said and sat on the oppersite sofa, unlike Lucas, Sebastian sat down with more grace.
Neither Riley or Noah acknowledged them as they were both tied. Neither one was letting the other win.
"God I feel so invisible" Lucas muttered causing Noah to laugh but that just gave Riley an advantage and as he realized this, he became serious again.
"I know how you feel" Sebastian said.
"Shut up both of you, I'm not loosing" Noah said not taking his eyes of the screen.

In the end Noah won and Riley declared a rematch later on which Noah agreed too. Noah had also put the controls to the side of him as neither one of them made any effort to move out of the way they were sat
"You two had fun then" Sebastian asked and both of them hesitated slightly because of what had happened this morning.
"I need to tell him about this morning" Noah whispered so only Riley could hear.
"Later though when it's just the two of you" Riley whispered back and Noah nodded.
"Yeah we made cookies'' they both some how said at the same time.

"We saw, they were amazing too" Lucas said which he received a small glare from Riley and Noah. "They were ours" Noah stated and Lucas rolled his eyes "Sebastian liked them too" this seemed to make Riley happy as she smiled "did you really like them" she asked and he nodded. "They were great" and this made Riley feel relieved, she was glad he liked them.

"Sebastian and I are going out tonight " Lucas stated, he was excited to spend more time with Sebastian and he wasnt about to forget it by drinking tonight so he had decided he would stick to water.
"We can have a rematch when they go out" Noah asked Riley who nodded "I'll win you" she stated and Noah just rolled his eyes.
He was debating telling Sebastian now but one look at Lucas and he decided not too. It was obvious how excited Lucas was and if he told Sebastian, Sebastian wouldn't want to leave. He couldn't do that to Lucas so he decided to do it tommorow.