Learning and Growing

Poisonwing, it turned out, didn't actually have the poison. It was Kolluth who did and Poisonwing who had the fire. Glory found that EXTREMELY ironic but she kept that to herself. Ever since her dragonets hatched, things seemed to be more busy around the village. There was a brawl in the Nightwing village and seventeen Rainwing dragonets have hatched and no one knows their parents.  
Now all of the dragons have done their best to take care of them, even some of the Nightwing females.
       Deathbringe has been teaching his children things that Glory didn't know but when she saw  Kolluth with Deathbringer's smirk, she knew exactly what they've been practicing.
        When it was time for Glory, Tsunami, and Sunny's annual picnic, Glory could not leave her dragonets alone.
"I can't go. You'll be in the Kingdom of Sand doing moon knows what and who is going to take care of the kids? I can't let them go missing!" Glory fretted and Deathbringer had a smug look on his face while his children ate banana in his arms.
"They'll be fine. "
"THEY ARE TWO MONTH OLDS!" Glory yelled, startling her boys. Poisonwing dropped his banana with a shock and started to cry. "They are too dependent. . ."
"How about Kinkajou?" He asked, reaching down to grab the 1/4 eaten banana. She glared at him.
"She's chilling with Turtle. I guess my only option is bringing them with me."
"It's about time they go outside and feel the air in their face."
"And it is time you teach them to fly," she raised her eyebrow. Deathbringer shuffled his feet, uncomfortable. He chuckled.
"I'll leave tomorrow and get there in a day if I fly fast. In the mean time, you can teach the boys how to fly, " she instructed and walked away. She had things to do.

       Meanwhile, Deathbringer was teaching his dragonets how to flap their wings and come off the ground. Kolluth got it immediately and he was flying and sticking his tongue out at his brother. Poisonwing kept jumping but not flapping his wings hard enough. Deathbringer sighed and grabbed his sons and carried then to the edge of the platform and showed them the edge.
"If you guys can jump and fly before you reach the ground, you can get some banana covered chocolate, " he bribed. Poisonwing got excited and started to flap vigouriusly. Kolluth eyed the drop, backed up and jumped off. Deathbringer yelped and stared at the edge. His son was flailing in the air until he got hold of s wind current and glided down. He clapped when he got to the bottom and then called for his brother to come with him.
"Do I has to?" Poisonwing asked and Deathbringer nodded. He pushed him to the edge.
"If you fall, I'll catch you."
"Okay. . . " he whispered and then jumped off. He screamed a high pitched wail and flapped his wings as if he was falling into a volcano. Deathbringer narrowed his eyes and then dove off the edge, ready to catch his son.

       Glory packed the rest of the food in a small basket with Kinkajou at her side.
"I can come, right?" She kept asking and Glory kept nodding her head.
"You have to stay at Grandeur's side. It is too dangerous. "
"You're telling me, that a fifty mile flight to a plain is too dangerous although I've been stuck in a volcano for three MONTHS without ANY food and had to FIGHT for my LIFE to get out and your telling me it's TOO dangerous? Do you not trust me at all? " Kinkajou tuned and Glory laughed. When you put it like that in that way, yes. Yes, it is." Kinkajou sighed and stared at her best friend. It wasn't fair not to be by Glory's side all the time. They barely hung out anymore because she has a family. She thought it was stupid.
"Fine. I'll stay here. "
"I'll give you an assignment, " Glory smiled, noticing her friends change in attitude. "If you can bring some seashells from the Kingdom of Sea with Turtle and by the time you come back, we'll be able to hand out all the time-"
"DEAL! I'll go now! " Kinkajou flapped off to find her stuff, packed it with some fruits, and flew off without another word. Glory sighed and did her queenly things and waited to her boys to come home.

       "Say good bye to Daddy, okay?" Glory said, holding Poisonwing in her arms. Kolluth grabbed and started chewing on Deathbringer's arm.
"Bye, Papa! " Kolluth beamed and his father bent down and kissed his small for head. Poisonwing buried his head into his Talon and said, "Come vack soon! "
"I will, I promise, " he said and the looked at his wife. He kissed her compationately and she kissed him back.
"I want another dragonet, " Glory whispered, and Deathbringer smiled. We can do that in private, when the kids aren't around. For now  I'll see you later."

       In the morning, Glory and herb dragonets were ready to go. Kolluth was flying on his own already and  Poisonwing was holding onto his mother's tail as she flew to practice. In the night, they would sleep on her back and then fly the rest of the way. It was only a day's flight.
       Only after three hours of sleep, they left at five in the morning to hopefully get there by nine in the evening. It wasn't until it started pouring rain that Glory hadn't thought this out properly.