Sun Time

"And go to the market! They have better fruits than the damned ones you give me!" Gorrillaglide screeched, reaching out to slap Magenta but instead grabbed her muzzle and shook it around until she cried out. "And be back before sun time. I have better things to do!"

Magenta nodded frantically, sliding to the back wall and finding a used bandage to put on her nose. She wiped away her tears with a bloody talon and got up slowly to creep out the door. Her father was in the kitchen, studying s knife and glancing between her and the metal. She shook her head and flew out into the trees, shaking a little. The two wrists and ankle warmers felt good on her scales, and the good thing about it was that it was made from Poisonwing. That date night when they went out and had the time of their lives.

She smiled just the tiniest bit, feeling free and happy for the time until she had to go back to him. She was sure her father would kill her.

As she flew, she caught sight of her boyfriend, Poisonwing. Her scales turned instantly pink, only a shade bright than her original scales. She flew harder toward him, beating her small wings as fast as a three year old could go.
"Poisonwing!" She shouted. The dragons around them stared at her, but she paid them no mind. Sure, she was covered in cuts and bruises, but she was also a three year old dragonet. No one would really care. "You're here!"
"Magenta!" Poisonwing shouted back. She collided into him, her body fitting perfectly into his. Their wings brushed against each other as they fell out of the sky, wings in wings, talon in talon, face directly on faces.

Poisonwing flew out his wings and  Magenta copied him, slowing down their fall before they crashed into the branches and trees under the village. They screamed, their scales turning from pink to green and white. They fell into a pile of leaves and grass, groaning with pain.

Magenta laughed and slipped off of him. He laughed, too, his chuckle deep and manly. She stopped laughing and stared at him with wide eyes. He stopped and stared into her eyes, smiling softly.
"I missed you," he said. Magenta smiled, her scales turning bright yellow. Poisonwing squinted his eyes and groaned, shielding his eyes from her scales.

"You wouldn't BELIEVE my month since I left Jade Mountain!" She smiled, bouncing up and completely ignoring the pain in her back and muzzle. "So Father was given a job by Queen Glory and I was under the age of four so I was able to be lazy and sleep in peace! I could fly and I wasn't kicked or punch-" She stopped. Poisonwing stared at her with narrow eyes, his scales turning red. "PoiPoi, please. He's fine."
"I want to protect you," he said softly, his scales toning down a bit. "You've made me real protective over you since I met you. You're only three, barely four."

"I'll be turning four in a week!" She objected. "I'll be a year younger than you then."
"And then I'll be older than you in a month," he smiled. "And then you'll be two years younger than me." She rolled her eyes and smiled at him.

"It's almost sun time, so do you want to take a nap with me?" Magenta asked, twirling around on the rainforest floor. She swept away plants and leaves away with her tail.
"It would be a crime not to," Poisonwing laughed and jumped up into the air. She followed him, soaring up higher and higher until the sun lit up her scales.

They flew through the almost empty village. All the good spots were taken except a small platform near a small market. Suddenly, she remembered her father who had asked her to get groceries only twenty or so minutes ago.
"I need to go," she said quickly, swerving away from him and toward the market. "I'll be right back, I promise!"

He protested but she ignored him, getting in line to grab some mangoes and oranges. He had asked her to come back before sun time, but she was so late! After five full minutes, she had two sacks full of fruit so that she wouldn't have to go back anytime soon. She quickly flew back to her small house, beating her wings to the max. Her wings felt sore after a short while because she was flying a lot today. As she reached the house, her father was already standing out there. His scales were red with fire and he was gritting his teeth as if someone had stolen part of his legs and he wanted it back.

"MAGENTA," Father roared, choking her neck the second she got close to him. She dropped the bag and all her fruit dropped and rolled around on the porch. "I asked you to be here before SUN TIME and you managed to get here AFTER SU TIME. DO I NEED TO DIG IN YOU EARS TO CLEAR OUT ALL THAT EAR WAX SO YOU CAN HEAR PROPERLY?"
"I'm sorry!" She cried, taking rapid breaths. She tried to pull away from him, but his grip was strong. He grabbed her wrists and shook them up high,

"For moons sake!" He growled, squeezing her tighter before throwing her into the living room. She landed on the floor with a thud, her wings bending at a horrible place. She cried out when she heard a crack from her wrist and blinked back tears. "Your are such a horrible excuse for a daughter! I wished I never had an egg! If it weren't for you, Parrot would be here by my side. At least she'd be better than you-"

He was suddenly cut off, and she soon heard growling and clawing. She got up quickly, trying to ignore the pain from her wings and wrist. She closed her eyes quickly, waiting for the slap or punch to her face or stomach, but it never came. She looked up and gasped. Poisonwing was fighting her father with so much passion that blood was trickling from his fists.

"Don't speak to Magenta like that!" He roared, trying to wrap himself around the older male. "Magenta is one of the most beautiful, kindest, wonderful dragon I know. Don't you dare talk to her like that or treat her like that. She does more for you than you will ever for her. Treat her with respect!" He grabbed Father's horns with such force that he roared with pain.

"Poisonwing, stop!" Magenta cried, trying to walk over. Father growled and clawed at Poisonwing's ears. He roared with fury but kept himself wrapped around him. His dark red tail wrapped around Father's thicker neck, and he gagged. "Please!"

Then, she realized how much Poisonwing cared about her, how much he'd fight for her if she really needed it. This is why she loved him. But it was until her father shrieked that something started inside of her. Poisonwing was about to strike him when she got up, endured through the pain, and shielded her father.

"STOP!" She yelled, flinging out her hurt wings out to either side. Poisonwing nearly punched her in her face, but he stopped just in time. "Don't hurt him! Don't hurt him!"

A moment passed, with Magenta saying over and over not to hurt Father. Poisonwing glared at Gorillaglide with hateful eyes and pulled Magenta toward him. He put a protective wings around her and growled, smoke coming out of his nose.

"Do you see that?" He snarled. "Even after you beat her again and again she still defends you. That's true love, not what you give her."
"You have no right to speak to me like that!" Father roared. "When I tell Queen Glory about this-"
"Guess what? I'm her son, Prince Poisonwing of the Nightwings and Rainwings." He slipped down his wings so that Magenta could climb on his back. "Hurt her again and it'll be a terrible consequence."

Poisonwing turned around, slapping Father with his tail, and took to the sky. She held on tight to his back, and she was surprised how easily he flew. In silence, they landed on an empty hammock. He climbed in and she climbed in after him, exhausted from the pain and fatigue she already had.

"Thank you," she whispered, letting the sun heal her scales. "For that."
"Mhmm," Poisonwing said, twining his tail with hers. "I'm not sorry I popped off, but I'm not sorry for what I did either."
"You shouldn't be."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I'm so sorry that this is kinda later then what I usually put it out, but I had an EXTREMELY busy week this week and it hasn't been particularly easy for me to write this any way. I've also not had any time to write a second one, but next week I will hopefully have three. Have a great weekend! 😁