Butterflies

Typhoon was the nephew of Queen Snowfall, son of Prince Winter and his mother who died a year after his hatching. His sister, Pool was in line for the throne since Aunt Mink didn't want to the throne. Even though Grandaunt Tundru wanted to be queen, all the Royal Family voted against it. "We don't need a bossy seal for the Icewing Kingdom, so obviously, it's like, the whole tribe against one," Queen Snowfall had put it, and then Tundra had a whole tantrum about it.

When Typhoon and Pool were sent to JMA, Father had specifically said to keep the Icewing title perfect and our amazing assumptions of our tribe maintained." On the first day, however, it wasn't going so well. In math class with Mrs. Whatsithowdydoohoo, a stupid butterfly creature came attacking him and then he fought her back and they both ended up in detention.

From the look on the butterfly dragon's face, she didn't look to happy about it either. Typhoon would never admit it, but she did kind of look cute with the bracelet, necklace, her wings and ruff, her ambre tail, her horns and face. . . Oh, STOP IT! He couldn't stop himself from staring at her in awe, but he would have to start glaring at her when she looked back at him.

They were both in the Principal's office, sitting in two tree stump chairs waiting to be assisted. Typhoon stole a glace at the butterfly dragon beside him and jumped in fright when he realized he was staring back at him.
"I hate you," she answered after a moment. Her scales turned red and she narrowed her eyes. "Why'd you do that?"
Suddenly, his love for her vanished. "If you hadn't attacked me-" he growled, curling his silver claws.
"You shouldn't have called me a nerd," she interrupted.
"Is that not what you are, butterfly?" Typhoon growled. Her face changed and turned into a sky smile.
"Butterfly is my nickname?" She asked.
"Well," he stuttered, narrowing his eyes at her. "Your ruff, wings, and tail explain it all." Her scales turned yellow as she laughed, and his love for her came back quickly.

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes. "I'm Hyacinth, and you're Typhoon, right?" He nodded, raising his brows.
"I still can't believe that you had the audacity to attack me," he growled.
"You started it!" She snarled, leaping out of her chair with her talons outstretched towards him. He rolled away but she regained her balance quickly and grabbed his tail, wincing as her fingers touched his spikes. "UGH!"
"HA!" Typhoon taunted, swinging his tail away and smacking the side of her face. She groaned and fell back. "You stupid butterfly!"
"You retarded autistic son of a bitch!" Hyacinth roared, looking as if she was going to throw up before she burped a black cloud towards him. He jumped away just in time, but his left talons wasn't so lucky. His white talons burned in pain and he roared in agony. He blew his ice breath on it, but it didn't do much except dull the pain just the tiniest bit. He looked up at Hyacinth and realized that she was more scared and in pain than he was. Her scales were white and acid green and her butterfly wings trembled violently.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered, barely audible. "I'll fix it!"

"Don't you dare touch me," he snarled, hearing the running footsteps of the administration. Without his consent, she grabbed his talon, said something, and the pain was gone. He looked up in surproee and saw that her expression had pain, fear, and anger.
"Say one thing about this and what happened to your talon is what is going to happen to you," she warned, turning to run back to her chair. He followed suit and say down just in time before Principal Sunny came into the room.

"I heard screaming," she said anxiously. "Tell me it wasn't from you."
"No, ma'am," Typhoon shook his head, shaking his talon out the same time. Sunny must've noticed it because she said, "Your talon looks. . . discolored. Is that what it naturally looks like?"

"Um," Typhoon stuttered and glanced over at Hyacinth, who was smiling as if everything was fine. "It was a little accident a week ago at my house, nothing personal."
"Oh, right," she laughed. "I've gotten a little more observant since I've had my twins. Anywho, we're going to start with you, Hyacinth. I bet your mother won't be happy about it."
"Don't tell her!" She gasped, her scales turning green. Typhoon wondered what that color meant. "I'll be better."
"We'll have to switch your classes so it doesn't start again," Sunny said, tapping her chin. "Won't be a problem, will it?"
"No, ma'am," he said, leaning back on his chair. "Not at all." He could feel Hyacinth's glare on him, but he laid her no attention. They'd have to finish it later.