The "Talk"

Hyacinth, Poisonwing, and Kolluth were summoned to the main hall. Well, the two boys were. Hyacinth was already there tending to the dragons' needs, but there was no one there at the time.

Glory studied all her kids with a stare so hard, it made them shiver. Hyacinth wasn't even looking back at her, but instead looking at her claws and scratching her snout. Poisonwing looked nervous and kept flexing his talon on the scroll in his grip. Kolluth had a small sling to hold a small white egg in. They all agreed to take turns taking care of the egg, and Kolluth was first.

"What did you need, Mother?" Kolluth asked, breaking the two minute silence. "I have chores to finish and a whole house to build." Hyacinth snorted.

"I need to talk to you," Glory started. "As you know, well everyone, really, about eggs, right? And how they're made?"

"Yessssss. . .?" Her children answered her.
"I'm here to warn you about that. You're about the age," she finished. Hyacinth became peach with embarrassment and side-eyed her brothers who side-eyed her back. "For an egg to form, you need a mate. And hoe do you get a mate?"

"From the scrolls I've read," Poisonwing said. "Is that a male dragon had to put a female in a position and then. . . you know. . . And then. . . um. . . Put. Seed. Into. Her. . ." He stopped, pushing his mouth in. Kolluth brought his head down and started to laugh quietly. Hyacinth looked up to the ceiling with a shaky gasp.

"It's serious," Glory said, frowning st her kids. "So I know you don't make the same mistake Sunny or Starflight did or what Kolluth did." Kolluth looked up with a grown and a glare. "I just want to protect you. I want you guys to have a great life, and I can't do that if you don't know."

They nodded, and Glory was able to tell them about eggs and how mates get them. Since they kept laughing, it was a long process, but she got to the end of it.

"So now you know," Glory finishes, getting up from her sitting position.

Hyacinth got up, too, thanked her, and then bounded off to do queenly activities. Poisonwing said he had to meet someone, and then ran off without further warning. Kolluth went out to sun bathe and eat fruits the rest of the day.

Deathbringer was already out with another assassin assignment, so he wouldn't be back another week. Glory would be able to check on her duties, like making sure the Nightwing village was safe and protected. She  would need to create a warrior and fighter group, and Grandeur would need to be in that, although the old queen only wanted to sleep and eat fruit.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I'm sorry this was a short chapter. I didn't really know what to put here, but I managed to come up with something. I hope you had a great Valentine's Day. I asked my bestie to be my valentine and she said no so loud in my ear that I lost my hearing for a minute and then I slapped her right in front of the teacher. Extreme measures equal extreme consequences. I didn't even get in trouble😑. Anyway, have a great day/night wherever you come from. And get 8 hours of sleep, unlike me.