Queenly (and not queenly) Things

Hyacinth sat on the wooden the one filled with hyacinth flowers around the edges. The weather was a perfect day for flying, since it was clear and sunny. There were two scrolls laid out in front of her, sitting there as if to be read.
       Glory and Deathbringer had ran away to the beach for their honeymoon. Meanwhile, Hyacinth was in charge or the rainforest. Not technically, really, since Grandeur was watching over her.
"I can take care of myself. Mother had been teaching me," Hyacinth kept insisting, yet Grandeur would always say, "Your mother wanted me to watch you, not you watching the entire rainforest and not even knowing what you are even doing."
       So, Hyacinth was stuck with a dragon watching her as she decided things. For example, if someone wanted their assignment changed for something else, they would have to sign a contract (that Glory made up) to know which assignment you changed to. Yet again, like the day and day before, Bromeliad showed up to the pavilion with a different dragonet.
"I want my assignment cleared," she'd always say. The dragonet looked more innocent than shameful.
"What happened?" Hyacinth rolled her eyes.
"This dragonet scratched former queen Dazzling and now she wants me to go fly away," Bromeliad growled. The dragonet rolled her eyes.
"This happened yesterday, the day before, and the day before yesterday. Are you sure that this is true?" The princess asked. The orange dragon turned a bright red.
"YOU THINK I'M LYING?" she exploded. Hyacinth learned back in her throne.
"Well, the dragonet doesn't seem likely to accomplish that, and you always come with a different dragonet, so I think, personally, that you shouldn't have that assignment at all." The dragon laughed hysterically.
"I'm good at my job, so I don't need-"
"You obviously do," Hyacinth cut her off and turned a violent shade of purple. "You can't take care of your dragonets, if you had watched your dragonets, you would have stopped it, and YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T EVEN TAKE CARE OF ONE DRAGONET! And this is all between sun time, so either you move to advanced sleeping techniques, or don't have an assignment at ALL." Grandeur, who was beside her, smiled and nodded in approval. The dragonet smiled and looked grateful, and Bromeliad turned to a pale green with orange sparks showing here and there.
"Fine," Bromeliad snarled and walked out without the small dragonet.
"Phew!" Hyacinth breathed. "What a dragon."
"I never liked her anyways," Grandeur yawned. She stretche doubt her wings and stepped out. "Don't do anything stupid while I go sleep." She flapped away and Hyacinth was left alone in the room. She looked around and let a wave of colors shift through her.
       Then, she started to sing a soft lullaby her mother sang.
"Little flower, sway in the air. Little flower, thank you for care. Little flower, sing about the way your wings go throughout," she sang, only the first versus, and danced in the lonely pavilion. Suddenly, she heard scrabbling and squeeking. She stopped and sniffed. It smelt woods like, dirty, and very. . . well. Hyacinth didn't know what that smell was, but when she crept outside, a small face looked up at her when she looked down at it.
       The scavenger screamed, the dragon screamed, and they both fell down with a yelp. The scavenger stopped and tilted her head. Hyacinth tilted hers and looked at the small creature's features.
She was wearing a violet top and some sort of pants that was lighter than her dark skin. She had long, perfectly twisted hair that went straight to her hip, and she was carrying a bag on her shoulders. She looked more like a messenger that a scavenger.
"Yappe yup kool," she spoke, astonishing. Hyacinth smiled.
"You are so cute with your little squeaky language!" She gasped and the scavenger backed off.
"Noop cut yap," she growled. She grabbed a pointy thing from her bag and Hyacinth held up her talons.
"I don't want to hurt you," she reasoned. She turned around and grabbed a banana from behind her and offered it to the scavenger. "I'm Hyacinth, and you are. . ?"
She looked at her warily. "Sler."
Hyacinth smiled. She looked at her and quickly peeled the banana and took a bite out of it. She chewed for a minute and sat down.
"Curky noob sab," the scavenger declared. It turned around and started to walk off.
"That is a long way down. I recommend not doing that unless you want to die," Hyacinth pointed out. The scavenger reconsidered her decision and walked into the pavilion, searching the place.

       It was two hours later when Rainwings started to come down from sun time, and a couple minutes before Grandeur took over.
"Go check the eggs and the school," the silver dragon ordered, and Hyacinth obeyed. She flapped off to check everything and more. She collected lunch and dinner for later, made sure the Nightwing village was going good, and came back, excited, to check on her new pet.