legit jumpscare

Glory was in the rainforest at a sun time, speaking up all the sun's heat. She was napping in the same spot that she had when she first arrived to the rainforest. When she first met her pet Silver, who had ran away a couple years back to be with another sloth (probably). Glory had looked all over for Grandeur to be a substitute queen, but she then realized that Grandeur had said she was retired and working with little dragonets. Little dragonets! Ha HA Glory could NEVER imagine THAT.

Anyway, as she was sleeping, her ears picked up little giggles and groans coming from the platform beneath her: Hamburger and Pineapple. She woke up reluctantly and checked underneath her.  The two were sleeping with their daughter Koala, who was a gray and pink Rainwing with yellow eyes and pink wings tips like her father Pineapple. Pineapple and Jambu had some something where they both took out some DNA and a Nightwing used an egg doner to put the DNA in so that they can have their own child. Then the egg was placed back in the diner and the egg was given to them after it was laid.

"You big grump, Pineapple," Jambu giggled. "Koala is not going anywhere."
"'Grump' is not a list of words to describe me," Pineapple observed. "But imagine if she decideds to run away with a boy-"
"Or girl," Jambu interrupted, smiling.
"She's not gay like us," his partner said affectionately. "She might run away with a boy and come back years later with seven dragonets around her talon."
"What's wrong about that?" Jambu asked. "Grandchildren! We'll be grandfathers!"

"She's literally two," Glory interrupted. The two males looked up and smiled.
"Sister!" Jambu smiled.
"I have the feeling you forgot my name," she observed.
"Did not!" Her brother protested. "It's Gorrila, right? Glamorous? Something with a g. HONEY HALP."
"Glory," Pineapple soothed.
"Yes," he nodded his head and batted his eye lashes, looking up. "Glory, do you need something?"

"Well you're being so dang loud and I can't even focus on sleeping," she frowned.
"Seems like an us problem, Aunt Glory," Koala whispered, her high pitched baby dragonet voice making Glory scratch her ears. "I can't sleep either." Glory laughed.
"Well then, we got that situated," Glory said. "I'm going to leave to go check on Grandeur."

With that, she rose into the air and waved goodbye to her family, who was smiling back. She soared to Granduer's hut and passed the newly made apartments Jambu and his family were living in. A minute later, she reached the small cottage and knocked on the door.

"Grandeur!" Glory called, knocking harder when nobody answered. She stepped back and smacked her head. Of course she wouldn't answer. It's sun time. But sun time ended like two minutes ago. . . "Grandeur!" She peeked in the nearby window and looked around.

In the kitchen was a figure standing there, it's head unnaturally still and it's neck in an uncomfortable position. In the sunlight, she could see a bottle of red wine sitting on the table, gleaming mischievously. Glory squinted at it and went back to knocking on the door. Eventually, she got tired of it and growled.

"Grandeur!" She called again, trying to block out the green creeping in her scales. "Are you still mad at me for stealing your caramels? I'll buy you new ones!" No answer. She knocked again. "GRANDEUR."

"Glory?" Said a voice behind her. She turned around and frowned. It was Magnificent. "Fancy seeing you here."
"What do you want? "
"Why are you knocking on her door?" The ex-queen asked, tilting her snout upwards. "She's obviously enjoying herself and it's rude to interrupt someone."
"It's also rude to be nosy and get all up in the Queen's business," Glory growled. "You can leave now, thanks."

"I want to know what's going on with her, too," Magnificent frowned, looking concerned. "She wasn't st my team party yesterday or the day before that or the weeks before that! I've noticed her at the Nightwing bars though."
"Thanks for the information," Glory said, raising her eyebrows. "I'm going in."