Technology

Clause waltzed into Queen Ruby's Throne room. His orange tail Seung gracefully and his brown cloak bounced up and down. His wife, Red, walked beside him, carrying a whole bag of golden coins.

"State your business!" One of the gaurds roared. His scales were deep red and he had tattoos all along his arms and neck.
"We have a meeting with the Queen," Clause said plainly. "It's important for the rest of our wonderful Phyrrhia and the Skywing kingdom."

The gaurds scoffed, rolled his eyes, and let them in. Red thanked him and waited at the next door. Two more gaurds were positioned there with wicked spears in their talons and heavy armor. After a minute, the doors opened to reveal a vast space. In the middle was the queen, sitting on a golden throne with rubies imbedded all around it. Queen Ruby was sitting there, squinting her eyes at a paper in front of her. Her son, Prince Cliff, was lounging at the base of her throne, his deep red scales and orange wings shining in the sunlight.

"You're Majesty," Clause announced, bowing low. Ref followed suit, her red scales looking orange from the sun.
"Oh," Queen Ruby said, looking up from her letter and raising an eyebrow. "You are?"
"Clause," he introduced. "Pronounced clou-ze. My wife, Red."
"Wonderful," Ruby smiled and did a motion with her fingers. "Your business?"

"We are asking to buy one of your tallest mountains," Red smiled warmly. "We need it for a factory, something that will change all the lives of every tribe in Pyrria."
"A whole mountain?" Prince Cliff gasped. "The hell? You need it for a fastery? And what the hell is a fastery?"
"Factory," Clause corrected. "First, the factory will be a great use to the continent. Really! It can create something I call a radio or a 'talonheld receiver' or a 'handheld radio transmitter or receiver device used for two-way communication based on short-wave radio technology." The queen and the prince looked utterly astonishd.

"And what is technology?" She asked, looking somewhat interested.
Clause smirked and took in a big breath.
"The definition of technology is the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes or applications." Red smiled. "Technology uses scientific principles, and applies them to change the environment in which dragons live. Technology can also use scientific principles to advance industry or other dragon constructions."

"Let me get this straight," Queen Ruby declared. "You want to buy a mountain so you can. . Make a factory and then use that to create technology that can help us in our daily lives."
"Precisely."
The queen flicked her tail and glanced at her son who had smoke coming from his nose.
"Makes sense," she concluded. "But a whole mountain would cost you at least 5,000 golden coins. I doubt you have that type of money-"
"We are one of the richest dragons on the continent, your majesty," Red said. Her light orange head turned from a smile to a straight face. "We have much more money than just 5,000 golden coins. We'll pay the money and give you a til of 1,000 coins, counting up our total to 6,000 gold coins."
"And 100 gold coins in tax," Prince Cliff smirked. Clause let out a spark of fire but shook it off.

"We'll pay it," he said. They counted up the coins and gave it to the Queen, who took it gratefully and put it in a large jar.

"Thank you for making business with us," the couple said together, bowing low.
"Of course. Which mountain would you like?" Queen Ruby asked, peering at her son.

"The one closest to the ocean," Clause smiled.

Queen Ruby gave then a mountain, and it was0
Would be only weeks to build the factory and weeks to make his technology dream come true.

-

Only a month later, his technology factory was halfway done. They had sold some of their radios and talonheld receivers for supplies they would need.

"Red!" Clause yelled. His orange tail delayed and accidentally hit his daughter, Tourmaline, behind him.
"She's probably busy," Tourmaline said, the pink bags on her neck shining from the opal pearls on the flaps. "She's probably making wires or setting up electricity posts somewhere with Amber."

Amber was his first daughter, an orange Skywing with golden rings, necklaces, horn tips, and tail rings. She was a model for the queen and one of the best fashion designers on the continent. She was asked to make cloaks and jewelry for Queen Thorn, Queen Ruby, and for shop owners. She was the richest in her family with twenty million golden dollars in her bank account.

"Well she can suck my dick," he growled. "I need her now. We have another meeting with the queen." Tourmaline gasped a laugh and lifted a talon to her nose to stop her giggling. "RED!"

"I'm here, my love," Red said from behind him. Her light orange scales was covered in sticky, black oil. With a smile, she gave him a passionate kiss. "Do you need something?"
"Did you forget the meeting with Queen Ruby?" He demanded. "She plans on giving us 100 employees so our technology business can move faster."

"100?!" Said another voice behind Red. Amber. "Dang, Father. Y'all really got the place flowing!" She laughed and the seven golden necklaces on her neck shifted upward.

"Well obviously," Tourmaline snorted, rolling her eyes. "And I've done all this work and they still won't let me go to JMA."

There was an awkward silence as her parents widened their eyes and stared at each other.
"JMA!" they shouted. Red crumbled to the floor with her oil covered wings covering her face. Clause exhaled sharply and scratched his temple. He muttered, "We enrolled you only a couple of months ago and you never went. You'll be missing out on everything they learned last year!"

"Oh please," Amber laughed. "See how unimportant you are, Tourmaline, that your own parents forgot to give you an education." She laughed a breathy laugh as her sister gave her a hurt look.

"You'll arrive first day, honey," Red reassured her daughter. "Meanwhile, me and your father has a meeting to go to."

To change the world!

"STILL UNIMPORTANT!" Amber yelled as they walked away.
"AM NOT!"